Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Owen you beauty!

• 28-09-2002 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Crisis? What crisis?

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭m0o|Dino

that will so hurt all his critics, GO WAN OWEN YA GOOD THING

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im delighted for the little man.I dont think his form had gone recently ,on Wednesday night nothing would fall right for him.
    What a way to answer his critics,ive always said hes the man for big games .Looking forward to see Owen and Baros linking well together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Manchester City away is a big game now is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭m0o|Dino

yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

every games a big game when u cant find the back of the net id imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

fssssssssssssss, i took owen out of my fantasy football team this week at the last minute, i knew he was gonna do the business this week but i went against my hunch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Me too :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Form is temporary. Class is permenant!

It was the ideal game to find his range, as City tend to the generous...still it was notable how Liverpool played
    last seasons game, ie a tonne of defence and just occasional serious forays upfield. Maybe Houlier is having a rethink about bazai football.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Man City had a ton of chances but just couldnt finish their dinner (so to speak).
    I think Liverpool were really poor today, the 1st goal was gifted, 2nd was very well taken but very dodgy defending and the 3rd, well very well taken but again it was really terrible defending.

Owen took his chances magnificently and imo was the only really bright point to liverpools game (apart from the actual win itself :p ). Against a medium-top team they wouldnt have gotten away with today. That said its the good teams who can play bad and walk away with a 3-0 win.

Feel free to point out any mistakes. I only saw the measly 15 mins RTE will show for a match so i suppose i coulda missed all the liverpool moments :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It was a typical Houllier-Liverpool away performance, get your nose in front and shut up shop, relying on Owen's pace up front to counter attack.

Worked quite well IMO, especially as we didn't concede, even though Henchoz was out again :]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heres a thought, mainly to annoy Dustaz (!), Arsenal are at thier peak and Liverpool are blowing hot and cold, but the former are only 2 points and three goals difference ahead.

The former are bound to hit a bad patch at some point while the Reds will hit thier stride sooner or later...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Owen didnt just score 3 against man city he put 3 past the great dane!!!!! And if anyone was to say man city deserved even a point out of the game they should be locked up. Man C had 2 good chances compaired to liverools 5/6.

Its Arsenals league they will go this season only losing 1 game!! there just unstopable others teams are playng for 2nd place already.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by mike65
    Heres a thought, mainly to annoy Dustaz (!), Arsenal are at thier peak and Liverpool are blowing hot and cold, but the former are only 2 points and three goals difference ahead.

The former are bound to hit a bad patch at some point while the Reds will hit thier stride sooner or later...

Mike.

And the said form patches will probably last about 3 games and Liverpool will finish a good fifteen points behind the Gunners at the end of the season :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

Liverpool have played 8 won 5 drawn 3 and 2 of the games they had a draw in should have won but didnt due to last minute goals, owen if keeps his form up will help liverpool challange arsenal. Although you should never doubt what man u can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Serious contenders = Liverpool & Arsenal.

Hopefully Van N will start to ban in a few so Man U challenge but until then...

Arsenal's bad patch is to come, but Liverpool have had a bad run for every season in the premiership. It's no use being able to finish strongly if we are too many points behind to make an impact.

Advertisement