Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

id3 tagging

Options
  • 28-09-2002 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

ì was wondering is there a way of fixing over 2 gigs of tags?? some of em have tags and others dont is there a program that looks trough the internet or summat???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

winamp can do it or look for analog x tagmaster

shud do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

how would winamp do it?
    As in manually?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

when ur playing the mp3 double click the scrolling name beside the timer or go to file > view file info or there should be a little letter i under a load of letters to the left of the timer then input the info and click update

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I think he is looking for something that will do the tags for him so he doesnt have to do it himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

just go to download.com there should be a few apps for it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Try Mp3 tools tagger... excellent program and free :D

http://massid3lib.sourceforge.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

This is all great but is any of it automatic as i have nearly 2gigs so sort trough - i dont want to have to go trough each and type its deatils. please tell me that there is an easier way???

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Depends on how they are named, banbutcher. If they are all named like...

01 - JJ72 - Nameless.mp3

... then tagging them is a piece of cake with any tagging software. If they are named differently in different folders, then its alot more difficult.

If however, you are looking for some sort of mechanism for automatically searching the web based on files in an album, I don't think there is anything like that available.

2 gigs is only 40 albums or so.... it shouldn't be too difficult to categorise them by naming convention (eg. put all folders with tracks in the above format in one directory (perhaps called num-artist-trackname), and set up other folders like num-trackname, and trackname etc. etc.

Then all you have to do is run the tagger over each directory tree with whatever parameters you want.

I like TagScan, by the way. Its very powerful and has a preview option that allows you to check that files are tagged correctly before committing the changes. I don't think it has a homepage, but you should be able to google it.

- Dave.

Advertisement