Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A question..

Options
  • 29-09-2002 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭

I'm moving house today and I was wondering if Eircom said they'd transfer a phone number to new house, as well as rewiring one of the phone lines (there's 3 which are connacted to the same #, which will already be transferred) to that number in 3 weeks, would they do it in 3 weeks, or is it more like 3 months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Phone 1901 in a few days and make sure they have your order and are processing it (orders have a habit of going missing).

With regard to getting it in when they say you will, it probably depends on where you are in the country. Like me, you may be able to get the number for the local head engineer from the person at 1901 (they had no problem giving it to me for a mere residential line)

When you get that number you're laughing. The local Eircom engineers in general are very helpful - very little messing around and they turn up when they say they will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

It should normally only take 15 days for an PSTN line to get installed if you are moving within the same exchange area other wise you can keep the number ...........I would , if you have any other contact in eircom go through them as 1901 are not reliable I think !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Thanks for your help guys, it's much appreciated :) Btw, I'm after looking at all 3 outlets, and it seems that there may have been a 2nd line in the house (possibly), since there are 2 outlets in my room. However, I've noticed that they've been cut off (the small brown 'box' is beside the phone-line in the hall, and there is a gap in the wire connecting the line to it). Is there any way of reconnecting the line to the box, or am I better off getting a new line?

Advertisement