Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nowhere for webbers to go

Options
  • 29-09-2002 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I have been in the field of web design for quite soem time and i realised that in general the only places most deisgners go to for help is rootin around the net. Also i have been bombarded with requests to make webbies for diff ppl. I for one find it enoying when i know that many of you out there have lotsa webbies just collecting dust oh ur hard drives.Why not put em to use?

So here is what i propose. I recently made a site (more a community to be) on web templates and design. I think that this would be a good place to send all the noobies lookin for sites. Ofcorse i have a forum of my own running on it to.

So with the support of all you i hope to get lots of templates and fill up that website with em. If your interested or wanna give a hand go to #-fi- on Irc (Quakenet) or http://www.diabsweb.tk .

Thank you,

Webmaster

Diab

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Whats the story with this site or is it my PC
    when you click on any of your Links in the middle of the screen you get a lycos web page is this what you intended or Have a have an issue with my PC as I was expecting templates

on another note the forum look visually pleasing which is good well done Not to many members or posts

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

The design looks good but the site is far from finished so there's little point in posting a link to it at this stage.

Perhaps you hadn't noticed but none of your inner-links work
    :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Originally posted by Terminator
    The design looks good but the site is far from finished so there's little point in posting a link to it at this stage.

Perhaps you hadn't noticed but none of your inner-links work
    :confused::confused::confused:
    I noticed the same thing, but I get the impression that they are looking for help and input.

I got the impression the website was finished and he was now looking for contributions.

I get annoyed when I visit a site that's nowhere near functioning.

Apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

surely be to god a "webmaster" such as yourself could get a server that doesnt include such awful advertising

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Lads, play nice.

He's not pimping a product, he's trying to set up a service (and drum up hits and content of course, but we can't all be perfect, after all how many people post links in their sig?).

No need to get catty.

They do have a point though. Perhaps finishing the site before collecting contributions for content might inspire a little more of their naturally giving natures to shine through.

Okay, here's a handy page that explains how to put a web link on your website :

http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/teachingtool/links.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

The site is just the one page plus a link to IRC and Forums!

No offence - it is a good idea but how many *webbies* want to give out their work for free!

I think he's aiming it at non-professional webbies.

I know I used to muck around with web pages, experimenting and such. If I could find them I'd upload them, they're certainly no more use to me and not of a professional standard, but someone might like them as a base template.

Still, site could do with a bit more "meat" to it first. Maybe a few templates to get things rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Maybe you can help him out of you find those sites you have!

• Advertisement

I think that is what I was saying.....:)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I would have thought this would be a handy way for people doing amateur web design to get a portfolio of their design up.

Good luck diab ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Originally posted by blacknight
    I noticed the same thing, but I get the impression that they are looking for help and input.

Thats exactly the story.
    I do apologise but circumstances beyond my control prevented me from finishing the site or even being on.
    As for the hosting im buying some web space with no adds. :)
    I would appreciate any iinput u may have to give.

email me @ diab_web@hotmail.com r visit #diabsweb on irc quakenet

Again.
    Sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Again i find myself here apologising.

My computer has broken. Fried chip due to faulty PSU so again i wont be on. Also the diabsweb has merged and is now id-designs. On irc its #id-designs . I am getting proper hosting and a registered domain name soon. But for the moment its on hold due to pc. Hope to get help for this to get going so if u wanna help go to the irc room or mail me diab_web@homail.com .

Again sorry and thnx for ur patience.

Diab

Advertisement