Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letter from Eircom

Options
  • 29-09-2002 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I received this letter on Friday from Eircom

Your Acount Number Reference XXXXXXXX

25th September 2002

Important Information regarding your change of telephone supplier

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxx

We have recently received notification that your telephone calls have been moved to another telephone
    supplier. This means that from 11/09/2002 you will be billed by your chosen supplier for the calls
    that you have requested.

In order for your calls to be moved, the following must have occured:-
    1. Either

a) you. or someone authorised by your company, have signed a Customer Authorisation form with
    another supplier agreeing to move your calls
    or
    b) you. or someone authorised by your company, have completed a telephone process to move your
    telephone calls and have received a "welcome pack" from another supplier.
    This pack should include, details of call charges, billing terms, payments options and any subscription
    charges or contract periods.

2. You are satisfied with the information you have received about the terms and conditions of service with
    this other supplier.

3. You are satisfied that this other supplier has complied to fair selling practices and in particular you
    have not been given misleading information about another supplier or another supplier's service.

If you are not satisfied that any of the above points have been met, or if you would like more
    information regarding your change of telephone supplier, please contact us on 1800 228-428.

As a result of moving to another telephone supplier, the amount you will be spending on calls with
    eircom may fall below the €12.70 minimum monthly requirement to qualify for for eircom
    optimiser ValuePlusExtra or the €127.00 minimum monthly requirement for eircom
    optimiser 1-4 eircom optimiser will therefore be removed from your account after 14 days.

Please note that if you are availing of free eircom call answering this service will remain on
    your account at a charge of €1.07 ex vat per month. This charge will be included in your eircom
    phone bill. If you no longer require this service please call us on 1800 228-428

Yours Sincerely

Mary Spollen
    Sales Manager

No "Thanks for your 21 years of custom", "We are sorry to be losing you" "perhaps we might discuss this and possibly match the other offer" not that I would expect it from eircom.

jbkenn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dispite the name at the bottom, the letter was proberly spat out by a machine, which won't have the abillity
    to show any nouse.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

its only free while they're overcharging you for all the other stuff.
    the minute you move supplier they charge for it.

Please Note Eircom: "You are a shower of ****ers"

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow, I've had letters from girlfriends I've broken up with that were warmer then that.

They really sound in a huff hahaha...

DeV's Telco Translation Services spring into action!!!

Your Acount Number Reference XXXXXXXX

25th September 2002

Important Information regarding your change of telephone supplier

Hi, here's stuff you probably dont really want to know but WE want to tell you because we want the last word!

Dear Mr. Xxxxxxx

We have recently received notification that your telephone calls have been moved to another telephone
    supplier. This means that from 11/09/2002 you will be billed by your chosen supplier for the calls
    that you have requested.

In order for your calls to be moved, the following must have occured:-

You've left us. *huff* ... you've been playing with those OTHER hussy operators havent you! I have the proof here... you must have made some move with them as otherwise I wouldnt have found out! When were you planning on telling me? Were you even planning on telling me at all? Didnt it mean anything to you?

1. Either

a) you. or someone authorised by your company, have signed a Customer Authorisation form with
    another supplier agreeing to move your calls
    or
    b) you. or someone authorised by your company, have completed a telephone process to move your
    telephone calls and have received a "welcome pack" from another supplier.
    This pack should include, details of call charges, billing terms, payments options and any subscription
    charges or contract periods.

2. You are satisfied with the information you have received about the terms and conditions of service with
    this other supplier.

3. You are satisfied that this other supplier has complied to fair selling practices and in particular you
    have not been given misleading information about another supplier or another supplier's service.

So you admit you've been sleeping around eh! But do you know where they've been? Will they lead you up the garden path... who knows... oh you think its all great but what if they're slags and they rip you off! We havent got any specific accusations but we'd like to create a bogey man because its our last defence.
    Are you sure you didnt catch anything nasty from your telco-promiscuity? Maybe you should ring me so I can tell you ALL about your new found belle (labs :) ) without costing me the call...

If you are not satisfied that any of the above points have been met, or if you would like more
    information regarding your change of telephone supplier, please contact us on 1800 228-428.

I'll take you back if you crawl on your knees to me. But you have to make the first move. You call me or its over forever....

As a result of moving to another telephone supplier, the amount you will be spending on calls with
    eircom may fall below the €12.70 minimum monthly requirement to qualify for for eircom
    optimiser ValuePlusExtra or the €127.00 minimum monthly requirement for eircom
    optimiser 1-4 eircom optimiser will therefore be removed from your account after 14 days.

Please note that if you are availing of free eircom call answering this service will remain on
    your account at a charge of €1.07 ex vat per month. This charge will be included in your eircom
    phone bill. If you no longer require this service please call us on 1800 228-428

Right, I want my records and CD's back, that jumper you borrowed from me last Christmas and if you want your comic book collection you're going to have to come over to my flat and root around in the attic for them. And dont think you're still coming to my debs, forget it!!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

a resonating lol n1 Dev :D truly roffled

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I love the bit about misleading information. Classic! :D
    "No Eircon I haven't been given misleading information about this suppliers service but while we're on the subject, you have given me misleading info on many occasions yourselves. Like surfing on Eircon Hi-Speed for' only €35 a month etc etc"

Eircon. Irelands Premier Irony Free Zone

• Advertisement
Advertisement