Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Modifying my Pug

Options
  • 29-09-2002 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm just about to buy a 206 1.4 GLX and modify the hell out of it. My step dad imports cars from the US into the UK (where he lives) and does them up to re-sell. So he's doing all the work for me. Question is re parts, cheaper here or in the UK? Unfortunately I have to buy the car here because of the bloody extortionate VRT, but what about the kit, etc. I know a load of companies in the UK (just moved over from there), but wouldn't know where to start looking over here. All of the mags seem to be based in the UK, so that's no help.

If anyone has any info, contact details for companies supplying pugs kits, or body stylers, etc.. it may be more cost effective to get some of the stuff done here, then again.. might not.

Thanks in advance
    Emma

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The nicest kits ya can get are from ecosse in england, you should be able to import it yourself direct from ecosse and get someone to fit it over here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

If yer gettin a kit for the 206 definitley go for an ecosse one....their based in France but do most of their business thru England....easily the best kits you can for a peugeot. If your going to modify the hell out of it pop over to www.auto-extreme.com and look what other ppl have done to that car....unreal site to goto if you want ideas. All the best

Farlz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭edove

Yeah I've found an ecosse kit that I really like. Not a bad price either. Do you know any companies that can do full leather re-trims, over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

There is a place in the lisbon ins. est in Galway that do full leater retrims alright but I can not remember the name. Check out the golden pages and I'm sure you will find one.

kayos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bo Duke

Emma Here is a few suggestions for you.
    1.Forget about a retrim.Buy 2 Sparco buckets and strip the rear out.
    2.Fit a rollcage along with an animal ice system.
    3.Forget about your Pug and get your step-dad to buy a big old american muscle car for you.I suggest a `67 Dodge Dart Gt. Some easy tuning and you`ll have a 10 second car with classic insurance which is cheap and no VRT cause the cars a classic.
    4.Get a decent bodyshop to do you a custom Kit `cause Ecosse do good kits but soon everyone will have them and you won`t be as unique as you are now.
    Hope I`m some help.
    Keep modding there isn`t enough girls at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

There is a Motor Store in Tallaght which are not bad on prices!!
    Not sure what kits they do or anything but i got my Alloys at a really good price there!!

D. Rickard Ltd.

There is a guy in Manooth who works from home and is also not bad with prices!! I think he fits and sprays aswell but not sure!!

Revolution Engineering

Now if you are really gonna modify the hell out of the 206 come down to Carlow and visit ELITE STYLINGS!!
    He will do absolutely anything you want to a car!!! If you can come up with it then he can do!!
    He does custom and factor made kits!! Alloys, Sound Systems, Exhausts.................EVERYTHING!!

if you want any phone numbers then contact me!

And definitely keep modifiy cause i never seen any woman doing it!! One of the girls that i am seeing drives the stones out of her car but she won't do it up!!

Advertisement