Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is my post gone?

Options
  • 29-09-2002 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I did a thread earlier now it is gone to do about game pings with 2 sep isps
    UTV vs. ESATS

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I presume you mean this post?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=594694#post594694

Discussions are threaded for a reason...

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

^ what Adam said.

You do have the facility to get a list of posts you (or anyone else:)) has made - either through the "User CP" button at the top of the page or by looking at any post you've made, clicking "Profile" and then clicking "search for posts by this user" on the page that comes up.

Meself and that Dustaz chap like to keep a nice neat forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 JANER

I am in several forums and have to admit disapointed at way my post was handled in this paticular one.

When I post I should be able to check it and only have answers that are relavent to me then having to wade through other "stuff"

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

For clarity and relevance we often put posts on the same subject in the same thread (an example of this is the UTV thread which has had at least six different threads merged with it at one time or another)

This would be common practice in any forum anywhere.

A post on an issue you might have with a new service from Esat would be considered to be in the same area as the thread about the new service from Esat.

We do this as a service to all our participants. We keep utilitarianism in mind when editing, deleting (generally to the Recycle Bin, for good reason only) or moving posts. I'm not willing to waive this general rule merely because one person wants to find their posts quicker. It would result in everyone else having to spend more time online sifting through a list of short threads on small aspects of the same issues.

I'm not victimising you - everyone plays by the same rules here. The same principles would apply to any well-moderated thread on these boards or indeed anywhere else.

That's probably my last word on the issue.

I'll leave this thread open for the moment in case you (or anyone else) wants to respond, though I would suggest that if you have a major problem with this that you PM me. It will elicit the same view (for the same reason) from me but you may prefer to discuss it off the public board.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

godgivenright.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement