Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foot in mouth!

• 29-09-2002 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno is you read the Sunday Times, it had a feature today in the sport section Top 10 Bad Irish Commentators which ran as follows-

1 Frank Staplelton "The maestro of misery"
    2 George Hamilton
    3 Trevor Welch
    4 Ger Canning
    5 Jim Sherwin
    6 Alan Green
    7 Jimmy Greeley (whatever happend too..?)
    8 Brian Cathy
    9 Brendan O' Reilly
    10 Tracy Piggott

Okay only half are footie peeps but never mind!

I would have to put Trevor Welch at NO1 (with a bullet)
    and where's Peter Collins, who makes sure ITV F1 has an extra viewer in me?

Alan Green rules on radio too.

http://www.dangerhere.com/madness.htm

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I would have put George Hamilton at number one if only for those 10 minute diatribes about Ireland brilliance when we're lucky to be 1-0 up.

What I really question is why Jim Beglin isn't there. He is tremendously annoying the partnership of him and Hamilton is enough to make me turn the sound off.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mike we all know why Alan "scouser" Green rules now don't we??

Tos**r has to still to admit he is a scouser fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yop, amazingly I don't post everytime with reference to me being a Red! Well...

I just think Alan Green is a great enthusiast
    and works on the radio well. Also Green is allowed to have a fans loyality, just so long as it is'nt blind.

No room for Man Utd followers then...;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

No room for Jim Beglin or Jimmy McGee, that cant be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

As far as commentators go, Hamilton has to be the worst, his joy when Jummy Quinn scored for the 6 counties team against us in 93 was disgusting, and even more so was the manner in which he acted the same when we scored.

The whole of RTE, from Hamilton, Beglin, and O Herlihy suffer from one thing. They commentate and suimmarise with more pro-English bias than the BBC or ITV do. This is a fact. People complain about ITV being completelty biased towards English teams. Well they are an English station, aren't they? But its the lack of impartiality from RTE that used to get me. TV3 aren't quite as bad, but Kevin Moran's blind love for United can be bilous at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Bateman
    As far as commentators go, Hamilton has to be the worst, his joy when Jummy Quinn scored for the 6 counties team against us in 93 was disgusting, and even more so was the manner in which he acted the same when we scored.
    He acted the same? How do you mean? That he was joyful when we scored too, or that he remained neutral to the McLoughlin goal? To be honest I was too busy cheering to notice what he was saying at the time.

Advertisement