Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O/T Mc Ginley sees off Americans.

• 29-09-2002 5:30pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yes i know its O/T but its not everyday you see an Irish man finish the USA off and jumping into a lake to celebrate draped in the Irish flag!

Well done to him and Harrington and of course the Europe team and captain Sam Torrance

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Shame on me forgetting to mention the third Irish team member Darren Clarke.
    Special mention also to Monty scoring 4 and a half points out of maximum 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Dcully
    Shame on me forgetting to mention the third Irish team member Darren Clarke.
    Special mention also to Monty scoring 4 and a half points out of maximum 5.

And shame on me for forgetting to tell you not to post this sh1t on the SOCCER board.

Now go jump in a lake.

Im sure quite a few soccer fans like me are interested in this great event and great for Irish sports fans in general.

Take a chill pill!

Im sure quite a few soccer fans like me are interested in this great event and great for Irish sports fans in general.

And I'm sure there's quite a few soccer fans out there who are interested in shagging their dead grandmothers bones. It doesn't mean that is the place to talk about it.

Stick your golfing comments in the sports board
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=8

or better still
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64788

That way the bare minimum of us will have to become further exposed to your boring and archaic sport.

Let me get this straight ,are you a moderator?
    Whats the big deal?
    Im sorry i posted the bloody thing.
    That way the bare minimum of us will have to become further exposed to your boring and archaic sport.

As in my boring sport?????
    I prefer soccer actually, i just like seeing Irish sportsars doing well and applauding them for doing so.
    Since you so strongly object ill take it else where.
    Maybr then you might get over it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Golf ****ing rocks.
    I've been following the golf for last 3 days.
    Was nail biting stuff today at times. I was delighted tho when McGinlay won it for em :D

A Mod will move it when they see it. What i hate is bloody eejits flying off the handle at every little thing. :eek:
    This isnt that big a deal , ignore the thread if you feel you cant stand whats inside it. The topic is clear enough. :rolleyes:
    And I'm sure there's quite a few soccer fans out there who are interested in shagging their dead grandmothers bones. It doesn't mean that is the place to talk about it.

..tbh i think your the only one thats even thought of it on the soccer board. I know for a fact that most normal peeps wouldnt consider it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Personally I hate Golf, but I leaving this here because I don't ignorant little trolls telling me how to do my job. Next time you have a problem with a post PM me.

Gandalf.

A Mod will move it when they see it.
    You'd think that, wouldn't you?
    This isnt that big a deal , ignore the thread if you feel you cant stand whats inside it.
    Nothing is EVER a big deal! And you can't ignore a thread you've already bothered opening. I was simply trying to get it put in the right place before more people had to put up with 'ignoring' his ignorance.
    The topic is clear enough.
    Hardly! As (a) I clearly don't give a damn about golf and (b) it was posted on the SOCCER forum the topic 'O/T McGinley sees off Americans.' it could easily have been refering a recent football match between the USA and Canada for all anyone not 'glued' to the Ryder cup knew. :rolleyes:
    ..tbh i think your the only one thats even thought of it on the soccer board. I know for a fact that most normal peeps wouldnt consider it
    D'ya reckon? Damn, I thought everyone was doing it.

Personally I hate Golf,
    That's not the issue. I'm trying to point out that this is either the soccer forum or it isn't.
    I don't ignorant little trolls telling me how to do my job.
    Get your facts right. I didn't tell you to do your job! I told the author of the post to place it in the right forum before he wasted the time of more people opening it hoping to read about a football matter. The fact that he could have accomplished that quicker than even you in your all you infinite faculties could seems to have escaped you.
    trolls
    Pardon my french but you clearly wouldn't recognise a troll if it came up and bit you on your ass Gandalf.
    Next time you have a problem with a post PM me.
    With the 'uber-geek' attitude you've displayed in your last post I'd clearly be wasting my time PM'ing you, not that I hadn't realised that already from your past modding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

So Gandalf, out of stubbornness you are leaving a golf thread on the soccer board. Pathetic.

Anyway, delighted to see McGinley sink the winner, but Monty really set the standard for the others to follow. Outstanding golf from all the Europeans, everyone played their part, if not on Sunday then one of the other days. Once again, delighted to get one over the Yankee bástards, it feels sweet.

• Advertisement

indeed Gandalf it really should be moved :p

Monty was amazing but so was harrington. Most of the Europeans played some great golf :)

Pigman: what in your opinion does O/T on a soccer forum indicate? Off Topic on a soccer forum must be? o i dont know. not soccer related?

I agree with your point but perhaps not how you put it accross.

Originally posted by B-K-DzR

Pigman: what in your opinion does O/T on a soccer forum indicate? Off Topic on a soccer forum must be? o i dont know. not soccer related?
    I read it as , O/T = Over Time. Which in regards to soccer is a term sometimes (incorrectly) used by Americans to indicated extra time or injury time

Hense : 'Over-Time (goal by) McGinley sees off Americans'
    I agree with your point but perhaps not how you put it accross.
    That's probably justified. :)

Im sitting here wondering ,will i respond or not?
    Firstly im genuinely sorry after all the hassle i posted this.
    Im sorry i created any tension!
    The reason i dont see it as a big deal is,
    For the past 4 years ive visited countless boards and forums.
    Ive joined up with a good few of them after firstly testing the water reading for a good while before posting.
    My favourite forum is the Grand Prix Legends [racing sim]
    forum run by Race Sim Central.
    It is widely regarded as the best simracing forum about with literally thousands of posts daily .
    My point is, its totally accepted there to post an off topic thread once one placed an O/T before it,or if it was a sporting result which could spoil for others one places SPOILER in the thread.
    This is the norm there and indeed most forums,obviously if someone is constantly doing it with irrevelant post its a different story.I would only ever post an O/T thread if i thought it may interest those there or the fact that i would like to share it with some online buddies. [ie. soccer is a sport as is golf ,boards .ie is an Irish board so is Paul Mc Ginley]
    I really cannot see a big deal!Is this board gold plated or someting and certain members fear that gold may be tarnished by something which is not gold plated?
    I certainly did not expect to be ridiculed over it!

If whats needed is an apology? well then i apologise!
    The last thing i want to do is start a petty argument with folk on this board.
    :confused:

dcully: ive never been to the board you speak off but if its a board dedicated ti racing with a good following its not surprising people post other things whcih they like to discuss with people they know.

The point Pigman was trying to make is that there is a sport forum only a click away where the (amazing ;) ) Ryder Cup was already being discussed. Its the on the same forums where a lot of the soccer people post as well.

(i didnt think it warranted any tension tbh. Really was a greta event :D )

Advertisement