Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10,000th muppet ^H^H^H^H member joins :)

• 29-09-2002 7:17pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Congrats to "kultarr" who just joined and is our 10,000th member! *cue sirens and flashing red lights*

He wins... nothing!

Just thought I'd mark the occasion. What bets (s)he never even posts :)

DeV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Nice of you to encourage a new member so nicely DeVore, I wish I was called a muppet just after I registered, would have made me feel real welcome.

I do believe you have some issues you need to sort out.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm going to register 10000 times so i can be the 20,000th member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

<messin>
    I r teh Kultarr - where is meh Car or free dink?????
    </messin>

I'll get meh coat...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bubbles, you are a muppet.

"Joke them if they cant take a fuk" :)

DeV.

• Advertisement

Boards has become such a rude unfriendly place recently. I was watching the film of Anne Frank there last week, and seen people better treated in the camps!

Of couse, the usual people will mention I'm full of **** etc, so it must be true, after all, most of them would be mods, and ment to have their heads screwed on, pity most of them have theiR heads screwed onto their arses!

This is excatly how nazi Germany started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by bubbles
    This is excatly how nazi Germany started.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Actually, I agree with Bubbles to a certain extent. Boards.ie can be fairly unfriendly and 'cliquey' at times.

You were all "n00b"s once you know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I wasn't ever a newbie. Maybe that's why I'm so friendly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Of course we can be unfriendly to newbs, there's a learning curve to boards.ie's culture, just like any other community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Bard
    Actually, I agree with Bubbles to a certain extent. Boards.ie can be fairly unfriendly and 'cliquey' at times.

You were all "n00b"s once you know...

Uh huh, like any community it can be. Though I haven't seen too much in comparison to other places on the net. Nazi Germany is going a bit far on the comparison scale :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Originally posted by Cloud
    I wasn't ever a newbie. Maybe that's why I'm so friendly!
    With your "Come to Daddy" tag, your friendliness takes on a whole new keep-your-children-off-the-internet creepiness :)

Bard agrees with me! I never thought I'd see the day. I knew I would break him :) Anyways, moving on....

Boards has become a fairly hostile place for the poor newbie, the last 2 accounts I made for myself I've got nothing but grief from long time members. I would understand if I was causing trouble, or looking for it, but I havn't. Brings a tear to my eye really.

I think boards.ie should introduce some sort of Karma system - where Mods can add or subtract Karma points to people, who have been helpfull and nice or naughty and bold. This way, people can see the reputation of someone, and have an impression and know if they are a valued member of the community. Should have been done sooner imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

that karma idea has potential bubbles. and who said you never contribute anything but muppetism to boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Ban bubbles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I believe Karma returns with VB3 so we may reintroduce it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

karmacard.gif

Thanks - I am full of great ideas. I actually have loads more I must post up later.

Together, we can make boards.ie work.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bard agrees with me! I never thought I'd see the day. I knew I would break him :) Anyways, moving on....

Boards has become a fairly hostile place for the poor newbie, the last 2 accounts I made for myself I've got nothing but grief from long time members. I would understand if I was causing trouble, or looking for it, but I havn't. Brings a tear to my eye really.

I think boards.ie should introduce some sort of Karma system - where Mods can add or subtract Karma points to people, who have been helpfull and nice or naughty and bold. This way, people can see the reputation of someone, and have an impression and know if they are a valued member of the community. Should have been done sooner imo!

hahhahah Oh God bubbles... please stop hahahhaha I can hardly breath.....

This from the guy who threatened to LEAVE the last time we had the karma system in place hahahah... Oh bubbles, you really are a ****stirrer par excellence!

Amps right, if noobs are frightened away like schoolboys by being called "muppets" then Boards.ie probably isnt the community for them :) Its always been a rough and tumble place...

DeV.

Thanks - I am full of great ideas. I actually have loads more I must post up later.

Together, we can make boards.ie work.

HAhahhah ah god I needed the laugh SUCH a troller...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I love bubbles, I lovwe everyone, cant we just be a happy family?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Most people have an inherent fear of rejection from people they don’t know, so they preempt this rejection with a bite of aggression. Those who are universally loathed are never rejected because they never had tried for a real opportunity of acceptance. And so the cycle of rejection and aggression continues.

Certain people will never be in the In crowd, certain people don’t care, and certain people make an Out crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

bostons come out?

well done:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I blame the kids.

TacK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

yes, thats exactly what it is...

...I know, I'm scared too...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

i've just started a new account (dunno why, i just felt like it!)
    i used to be BiTchiN, and when i first joined boards it was a fairly rough place, but like ye said there is a learning curve and after a few months it got easier.
    when i started this account it all started again, no-one really takes any notice, but after a while it will get easier.
    so i dont think boards is an unfreindly place for n00bs,
    its just a bit hard to get yourself a name (as in popularity and not a sig:) )

Advertisement