Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringing Abroad

Options
  • 29-09-2002 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

When I was in America a while back they had these special credit-cards you could buy in order to ring home reasonably cheaply via a public phone.

I was wondering do they sell cards of these kind in Ireland in order to ring abroad cos I want to ring a mate of mine who's just gone out to Oz, but I'll be ****ed if I'm going to hand over 20 euro to Errorcon for a 3 minute call.

Anyone know if these cards are available in Dublin and if so which shops sell em?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Lots of different cards in lots of shops. Most shops that sell them will have quite a few posters in the window listing prices.

I've found the Century 2000 ones good in general but it really does depend where you're ringing.

make sure you check any surcharges/details of off-peak hours/extra charges (in addition to the regular ones) for using the card from a mobile.

In general the cheapest way to use the card, assuming you're ringing from a landline is to dial the 01 number they give and get the actual minutes quoted rather than paying a 10c per minute charge (or more) (all from the card, not on your phone bill) for the privilege. Handy having Esat's "all national calls at local rates" if you're outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Try www.ephone.ie I use their VOIP service to ring some friends in HK at a very respectable rate. You can use their service from a phone or your PC.

Advertisement