Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I vote?

Options
  • 29-09-2002 10:50pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's not a stupid question...I swear, well not that stupid anyway.

Ok a month ago or so a guy came around to my house with the Register of Electors and asked me how many people in my house could vote, I appearntly was not on the list, but I've been 18 for some time (19 tomorrow, wohoo! no, wait, damn i'm gettin old) but anyway he started telling me that I couldn't vote on the Nice Treaty, that I'd have to do something or other...does anybody know what I have to do exactly? I think I have to get something stamped by the gardai...I'm not sure though. Thanksssssss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 johnKarma

I'm actually going to register to vote tomorrow, so..

First if all, you need to get a voter registration form (form RFA2 I think). I got one from the County Council Office, but I think you can get them from the Post Office or the Garda station in most towns. Then you have to get the form stamped by the Gardaí. You'll need some ID with you. After that you just hand the form in to the County Council office.

Act quickly though - the deadline for registration for the Nice Referendum is Oct 2nd (this Wednesday).

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭fester

if you live in dublin, you cann also get your RFA2 at:
    http://www.dublincorp.ie/services/Forms/frmindex.htm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Cheers guys, I hope an out-of-date passport will do...

Advertisement