Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BertiAhern - Should he stay or should he go?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Originally posted by Victor
    Hmmm, not sure, no one has ever pulled off 2 full terms in a row (in fact after a full term, the next Dáil is usually under 2-3 years).

Well it's not really a long shot. Bertie's leadership of FF is not in trouble, though the cracks are showing, he'll go on to the next election in 4+ years. If I was a potential leader of FF I wouldn't want to become leader now, not when there is so much flak around. I'd prefer to wait until after the next election, which is going to be tough.
    If Bertie is ousted now, his replacement wouldn't last long - certainly not after the next election. Bertie is still a very strong leader and he has still to much strenght to be toppled this soon.

The only thing that will hasten a general election soon is if there is a falling out of this coalition. Yes the PD might pull the plug but it won't be easy when there is quite a number of FF friendly independants who are still sweet on Bertie to fill the gap.

No, this Government is going the full term and 4 more years for Bertie.

Advertisement