Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JavaScript problem with window.history

Options
  • 30-09-2002 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I've a problem with a web site I'm working on that I hope someone can help with.

I have a page which when a form is submitted, presents the user with a 'Please wait' page, before using a meta redirect to send the user to the next step in the process.

However, when a user hits their back button they get redirected to either a 'page has expired' page, or just to the redirect page, which just sends them forward again.

What I want to be able to do is change the first value of the window.history object to the url for the previous step...

I know it has to be possible, but I can't for the life of me figure it out...

Cheers,

Zaltais

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

Not really what I'm looking for at all I'm afraid, but I think I've worked out a way to get the desired result I'm looking for in perl (albiet a very messy way of doing it)

Cheers anyway,

Zaltais

Advertisement