Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL - any idea when it will be here and affordable

Options
  • 30-09-2002 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

To all,

many thanks in advance for all the guys that helped me with the online performance issues (re using Oceanfree and All-Seeing Eye).

Now I am getting frustrated about the 15 player limit (any higher and the throughput just gets to high and the ping suffers).

I know DSL is in the country but does anyone know when, how or where it will become available to the gaming punter (again I must mention my friend with his DSL with 20 yoyo per month flat rate in Germany and that for the past two years).

Thanks in avance,

The Duke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Kenshin

You can expect DSL to be widely available at affordable prices by about 2006

Acrually, Eircom's DSL is available in some areas of Dublin, but at ridiculous prices...

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

2006 !??!?!?!?!?!?

Thanks a mill for the info - well that's kicked that idea in the ass...

The Duke :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Have a look at the IrelandOffline forum thats been around for about the last year: it has all the info you are looking for.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=60

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

If your living in Dublin there are other options. Such as wireless /cable if ur lucky enough to live in that area.

Otherwise ISDN is pretty good for gaming with a decent ISP.
    The eircom dsl is apparently quite bad for gaming ping wise.

Also 2006 was just a madey uppy number. People have no idea when it will be affordable but just donet expect it to be any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TheDuke

thanks a mill LoBo... all the answers I was looking for...

The Duke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Locking this - it's not really appropriate here, and any discussion on this matter should really go to the IrelandOFFline forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement