Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

taking the redness from acne?

• 30-09-2002 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering is therer any thing out therer that lets you take the redness from your face after acne.I am using potters cream as I read in this fourm it was good its ok but not great.Any how what is the best product to use?I dont have severe acne just when its gone there are marks and wondering if there is anytihng I can do bout it .I was at the docture bout acne but not bout the redness.Any help apprecited.Also sorry bout the spelling mistakes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Ask the doctor to prescribe stuff called Topicycline.Its fairly good stuff if you have only moderate spot cover,which you appear to have.Ive been on it for about 4 weeks now and theres been a great improvement.At this rate I should be virtually completely clean before christmas or so :)
    Also drink loads of water and cut down on fizzy drinks.I used to drink up to 4 or 5 cans of coke a night but nowadays Im limiting myself to one can a day.Im drinking at least 3 litres a day of water on average.Seems alot but you will get used to it and it will help.
    Also one more tip-dont squeeze a spot till its come to a yellow head and it feels really loose.When you remove the yellow head squeeze the skin directly around it.This pushes the yellow stuff and the bad blood(typically a little darker than normal blood)out of your face.Squeeze for about 2 minutes and stop when blood coming out looks to be fairly clear.
    And dont lie on dirty pillow cases for weeks on end-it encourages it.
    And one more:D (sorry for all these extensions)If possible cut down eating really greasy food like fried chicken.If you do eat it wash your hands afterwards and dont touch your face while your hands are still greasy.Actually dont touch your face uneccesarily at all-bar when washing of course ;)
    Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Are you a female? (or a make up wearing male for that matter!)
    If you wear make up, there is this green coloured concealer stuff you can buy, the green counteracts the red colouration of your skin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

whats that called....
    just coz ya know... our friend here might want to know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Casey

I heard something called Mother of Pearl Anti Scar Cream was supposed to be really good for the redness and scarring youre left with after acne. It was voted the best cream for the job in the Sunday Times recently too and Ive read about it in a few magazines. I know someone who used it and she found that it had made a big improvement in scars she had after around 3 weeks . I dont think you can get it in Ireland but you can buy it off the inkterweb at www.herbsecret.co.uk . Cant swear it will help because I havent tried it myself....but the Sunday Times AND Womans Own surely cant be wrong ...ahem :O) It might be worth a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

First off I am not a girl I am a man :). I was at the docture and he gave me some tablets and some cream I tired them, but I seen no improvemnt .The I read on some post here that poters cream reduces the redness.I dont think it does.GOing to try to get that stuff from the net and I ll go to the docture and ask bout this stuff.Would like to get some stuff over the counter for the redness.I dont have bad acne I dont think on my face any how.Chest is bad enough but poters cream is working fine wih it.Any how if there is anymore things I shoulod know pleae let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Maybe sunlight? Its good for your skin but if you can manage to get a tan it should get rid of the redness. Unless you are one of those people that burn very easy... in which case.. eh dont do it. Oh try Aloe Vera.. might help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

The drug Roaccutane is excellent..... sure its severe but hell it does the trick!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭dragonkin

I've just started using panthotenic acid after reading many good reports on it. Its a natural vitamin (Vitamin B5) that is used to make an important enzyme used in hormone production and breaking down fats. Our bodys are making loads of hormones at the moment therefore there is less of this enzyme used in breaking down fats so they are excreted though our facial pores... At least thats the general gist of it.
    Im taking 1 500mg tablet a day at the moment, but I've only just started today. I bought 90 500mg tablets for 12E at the pharmacy so its not too expensive.
    Ive only got a few spots so Im not planning on taking the 10g dose that many places recommend (thats 20 tablets a day!) although I might take more if there's no effect.
    Do a search on google for it theres loads of stuff around the web.

Advertisement