Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand up comedy!

Options
  • 30-09-2002 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Went to see Tommy Tiernon last night in Westport Co.Mayo.

3 thumbs up! :)

You've probably seen him on the telly, but its a completly different set of jokes live, bar maybe one or two.

great night, worth going to if you get the chance.

anyone been to see a good stand up show lately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Anyone know where and how one might go about finding a stand up comedian for a college Rag Week event (just an idea). In the Munster area, preferably!!!

And also roughly how much it'd cost? We've had a hypnotist 2 years running, thought a change would be nice. I was thinking in the line of Pat Shortt from D'Unbelievables or something.

Once I have the details I can pass em onto our Union President!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Students Union in the University of Limerick got Tommy Tiernan in last week (absolutely brilliant!). Maybe they'd be able to help you?

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Hey, sounds good, could you pm me with an email contact or something for someone on the UL student union please.
    I'd much appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

We got Des Bishop.. funny guy

I don't really know the guys in the UL SU. Best thing to do is just ring UL, ask for the SU and speak to someone there about it.

- Dave.

• Advertisement

FWIW, they have comedians lined up for the next 10 weeks - both Irish and foreign. Adam Hills (excellent Aussie comedian) was in on Tuesday night, so they obviously have contacts somewhere!

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Keith Pigott used be the guy organising the comedy nights in UL (and in Dolans of a weekend). Don't know if he's still the organiser (and I'm pretty sure the number I have is out of date) but if you're ringing the Union you could ask.

Main UL number is 202700 - they'll happily put you through to the SU. Paddy Buckley (communications officer) might be the best person to ask - because he edits the student newspaper he probably knows everything about what's going on with Ents.

Advertisement