Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Howd freshers week go for ye n00bs?

• 30-09-2002 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

YOU HEARD!!!
    N00bS!

did ye have any "craic" at all at all?

and did any of ye gmit galway students go on the mystery tour???
    fnuking claremorris i know but i had a good night. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm out of college about 5 years now, and had a great time last week at UL Freshers week..... Tommy Tiernan on Tuesday, Damien Rice on Wednesday...... :)

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

UCD freshers week was fairly quite I think, to be honest, although probably not for everyone.
    Although the Freshers Ball should be a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Well freshers week in NUIG, only kicked off last night. I wasn't in the college today (had a few things to do), so I have no idea how things have started.

I'll probably only head out one night this week (if even), but there's plenty of activities planned both during the days and nights. One thing I did enjoy was there last Wednesday on societies day, some of the DJs from Flirt FM (campus radio) were bangin out the tunes from a set up decks just outside the IMI (student centre). It was a lovely day, and there was soooo much going on. It was nice to walk around the college feeling like I was at a gig.

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I doubt if I'll go out any night cept tomorrow and thursday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Brillant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

This has been a good return to form for me after my 3 year absence from college. Me a 23 year old among all the young lady's. Ah life is great...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Bateman
    UCD freshers week was fairly quite I think, to be honest, although probably not for everyone.
    Although the Freshers Ball should be a cracker.

If its anything like last years one it will be cack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

WooHoo... Day 1 of Freshers in Trinity.
    What i can't wait for is the Freshers Ball on the 9th in Spirit Night club. Twill be swell ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

The GMIT Freshers "Week" was only 23rd-26th. A week it was not. I went to the FIbbers Weather Party thing, wasn't too bad, tho my pint got filled up with snow :(

And No, I didn't go on the mystery tour. Forgot it was on. Thought it was only the hypnotist that night :F

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

re: ucd freshers week,

two words for you:
    iron stomach

just about the most disgusting thing i have EVER seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

UL freshers week is usually good, i saw Tommy Tiernon last week aswell, up in westport tho. thought he was brilliant, funny bastard. :)

phobos, if you were talking to any of the Flirt fm djs you probably met Eoin O'Connor. he was a dj there for a few years, had a show called teenage kicks, dont know if thats still going though...
    i think hes going for president in there now....

Sounds like ye had fun tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Im in recovery atm after the DCU freshers ball. Didnt get to go last year because of a debs but made up with it this year by breaking my liver! Very good night bar the fact that Aslan were playing(again!) Why is it always aslan that play at these events or is it just a DCU thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Nah I kept to my word of only going out one night this week. Myself and a gang from CompSoc (<plug>compsoc.nuigalway.ie</plug>) went out on Wednesday night. Twas good craic, decent crowd, better than average pub music.

But wasn't really anything to do with freshers week. TBH I didn't see too much going on. Everyday I left the college I was being handed promotion flyers, and other strange items, such as caffeine pills!. Actually the caffeine pills, were rather strange, as they came attached to a leaflet, which I thought was just another ad/free pass for a club. It wasn't until I was nearly in town, I noticed these little white pills, in packs of three. Anyone else get these?

Anyway being unsure as to what they are, I necked a few, with a mouthful of coke, and nothing happened. So I will not be forking out for €6 for packs of 48 in future. But I did take some more when I got out of bed this morning, and I woke up pretty damn fast. But I don't plan on taking these things in future, I'll end up relying on caffeine (more so).

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

let that be a lesson to you kiddies...

always neck little white tablets that you get from strangers.

always

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Ms Taken

i was at ucd's iron stomach as well. oh dear god it had to have been the most horrible thing i have ever seen. C&E should be shot for being allowed to put on that sort of stuff. that was not entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by Ms Taken
    i was at ucd's iron stomach as well. oh dear god it had to have been the most horrible thing i have ever seen. C&E should be shot for being allowed to put on that sort of stuff. that was not entertainment.

Gee im curious now what happened???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

They eat the most disgusting things you could imagine anyone eating. Whoever pukes last wins, or something.

Advertisement