Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are looks important in a relationship?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    funnily enough she is on boards and she has read this :)
    and then she told me all the things about me that she loves me for and i felt all squishy inside :)

Jesus christ....stop.now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by thegills
    WWM - If your g/f wasn't on Boards would you have written that drivel. As this thread has shown, what you may thing is gorgeous, other's may think not.

by drivel i assume you are talking about what i have said about my own girlfriend. which is not a lot to be honest, 2 or 3 lines.
    and yes, i would. i am not ashamed and it doesnt bother me what people think about it either.
    its called being happy and confident in yourself and your relationship.
    and i am.

dusty, youre so jealous its untrue.

2sheds, can you say g. G! ffs!

G!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

dusty, youre so jealous its untrue.

Yes i admit it, im mad with jealousy. that lucky bitch doesnt appreciate what she has.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Yes i admit it, im mad with jealousy. that lucky bitch doesnt appreciate what she has.

oh but she does, just you use to.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

the farting corinthian.....!!!!!!
    saruman.....no 'butplug' life
    he he he
    that was good....it didnt make much sense but there were some great dirty words there.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

But surely you all need to remember that the majority of people's definitions of beautiful are different, come guys think blonde hair - blue eyes is the *only* way a woman can be beautiful.

Luckily for me (and the rest of the female population), there's very diverse ideas of beautiful :)

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I dont think it's shallow that. But, remeber, this works vice versa. You too, could easily be dismissed, because some women thought "What a minute, I dont find him attractive, I wont give him a chance".

It's standard "Judge not lest ye be judged" stuff 0_o

Smiles, I would definately agree with you on the diversity of peoples taste.

vivé le differance, as the say in all the best french loaf ads.

but im not talking about classic catwalk model beauty.
    im just asking if looks are important. obviously you have your own taste in looks, so it has to be a personal thing!

CCCP, im not afraid of the same thing. in fact id expect it. christ if a woman had no standards, then im hardly going to want to go out with her.
    besides, im cute enough to get away with what idont make up in beauty :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

...I started typing lots of responses to this thread...

This is the most appropriate:

"me"

|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    | <-- a ten foot barge pole
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

"this thread"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

"But surely you all need to remember that the majority of people's definitions of beautiful are different, come guys think blonde hair - blue eyes is the *only* way a woman can be beautiful."

Fio, I don't know of any male who has ever said anything along those lines, and I'd be surprised if it were really true. A fit girl is fit regardless of a simple attribute like hair colour.

Wwm seriously, how low will you go to get a chance to boast to the world about your purdey girlfriend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Looks are important but not as important as personality

Originally posted by Greenbean

Wwm seriously, how low will you go to get a chance to boast to the world about your purdey girlfriend?

actually i didnt start this as some sort of personal crusade to impress :)
    its something that i was having a discussion about with some friends the other day.
    i didnt bring any of my own person life into until someone mentioned it.

and im not boasting about anything.
    in fact, this is probably the first time ive mentioned my love life on the boards in the 4 years ive been here.

and i think its *as* important as personality.

i wouldnt go out with anyone that was stupid and i wouldnt go out with anyone who is ugly (in my eyes for all you beauty is the eye of the beholder people)

i see no problem with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

i wouldnt go out with anyone that was stupid and i wouldnt go out with anyone who is ugly

And every day you thank your lucky stars that you've managed to find partners who don't have standards as exacting as your own, eh? :)

Originally posted by Shinji
    And every day you thank your lucky stars that you've managed to find partners who don't have standards as exacting as your own, eh? :)

ironically.....................

yes
    :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement