Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Otranome / OZ in Voodoo Oct 4th

Options
  • 30-09-2002 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    This friday in Voodoo sees ourselves Otranome play with the great..... Oz, Tokin, and Violent Sky.

5 euro in when ya tell the nice man at the door you love gigsmart.....cheese factor 10 captain hahaha!!

Drinks promo on the night , some cocktail deal for 2 euro , sounds interesting and should make for interesting viewing in the latter stages of the evening. Alternative club afterwards too so all in all a good line up for the evening ...come along and meet the gigsmart crew if your interested in getting involved!?!

All the best -

Trev M (Gigsmart/Otranome)
    :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Hey Trev. I just e-mailed Richie and said that I mightn't be able to go but if I can rope some mates into coming then I'll be there. Saw you at the gig on Sept 11th but u ignored me...shame on you! Anyway...maybe c u on Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 funkster

Sounds Deadly, its a cool place, easy to get a taxi from which wins funksters thumbs up.

That new indie club is openin there on Friday too?
    Or so Tom was saying anyway, Tom brother you rocked on Thursday, best guitarist in da city bar none bro!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Originally posted by Sandi
    Hey Trev. I just e-mailed Richie and said that I mightn't be able to go but if I can rope some mates into coming then I'll be there. Saw you at the gig on Sept 11th but u ignored me...shame on you! Anyway...maybe c u on Friday.

Ahh Sandi , sincere apologies I must be in a word of my own half the time cause people always say that to me and think Im being ignorant ..... I have a really short attention span sometimes you see and I was particularly tired and distracted that evening in the music centre cause I had just done a 12 hour day in work ;-( poor me and was flying to Italy at five in the morning after the gig.....I was fairly distracted and I am sorry. Usually Im very friendly and love chatting with new peeps cause me mates don't like me and just spit beer at me all the time....anyway next time you see me just come up and shake my head a few times hahahaa...sorry again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I'm looking forward to becoming DJ COK ROK for the night

The tracks the club plays needs your support, the ethos is to play songs that people don't hear anywhere else but are still universally popular. The DJ set will be different each week so to keep the vibe fresh n delectable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Hey Sandi me and Kurdt are goin-well i think im draggin him and im sure i can get others to go, so come with us!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

woo!

Violent Sky!!!
    yeah, depending on how vetical I am by Friday, I should eb able to make it to see this fine young band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

No excuses to miss this one. As i keep sayin to people, think of it this way, its €5 in, and then your cocktails cost €2 each. So say you drink 7 of those.
    Meaning you get a great gig, get bolloxed drunk and it'll cost ya less than €20. You can't get much better than that.
    See you all there

There should be a great crowd for this, Voodoo is starting to take off a bit and the gigsmart crew primarily Tom have done a fair bit of work to make it happen on Fridays...I hope people don't get the impression that the whole thing is developing into one of those oh so familiar cliques that develop all the time in Dublin.....everyone who is into supporting the local scene aswell as alternative sounds should head in any Friday to check the whole thing out it could develop into a bit of a buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

indeed kurdt will be there so there ya go sandi, you've 'roped' some mates into going...and trev i remember you saying you'd give me a cd (not the one with head space on it), the one after that...was it delayed or did ya just forget about me?

Kurdt , I will have a cd for ya on Friday I promise!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Kurdt, I don't recall "roping" you or Rapture Queen into coming! But yay anyway! Swifty will be joining us too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

You shall also be graced with my presence... the club afterwards also sounds interesting...hmmm may be stickin round for that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 loveonautocue

spent 3 hrs tonight watching violent sky do what could only be described as a *rocking* rehearsal. they've put together an great set with some truly fantastic songs and its been a long time since i was so immediately impressed by any band, let alone a local one that's only been together a short while :D

go on friday - you'd be mad to miss this gig.

Advertisement