Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setanta to show SPL on PPV

• 30-09-2002 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Good news Celtic back on Sky, bad news paying extra!

In a deal worth stg£2.75m over 2 years Setanta will show around 18 SPL games will be shown live on PAY PER VIEW.

Setanta will show mainly Celtic or Rangers games on selected Saturdays.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Good-ish news indeed.

And even better from BBC Sport
    "The Old Firm derby, which is being shown throughout the UK by BBC, will now also be available on RTE in the Republic of Ireland."

The 4 games a season, live, across the UK and Ireland, for free, starting this Sunday.

:) I likes this new co-operation between the BBC and RTÉ on sports rights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ballydung

And even better from BBC Sport

When I first read this it sounded like ppv for this Sunday in the Uk however just checked epg (for english midlands) for Sunday and its ...
    BBC1 - Match Of The Day 2pm (Lineker and Hanson) Celtic Vs Rangers

Yes nice one ........ something free

(another Sunday watching hours of good sport.. just over yesterday, who dived in after Mcginley was it Harrington?? whoever top marks for the dive)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jools60

An experience I had with Setanta a week last Thursday. I was trying to subscribe to Setanta to watch the Chelsea v Viking game broadcasting from Stamford Bridge. After I told them I was in the Republic they said that I couldn't view the game due to the signal not being received here. What a load of b****x I thought. After all we all saw the Celtic game against Basle for free. I spoke to a Team Leader who confirmed the same information. I then phoned Setanta in Dublin who told me to phone London. The London office said that I should be able to receive the game and that I should phone the number for subscribing again, telling me to get the name of the person I speak to. Called again the Setanta number (in Livingston) and spoke to another Team Leader who was very helpful but confirmed that the signal would not be received in ROI. She gave me me a number for tech support but I had lost interest and patience by then. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I also see the Celtic game is being shown by Setanta this Thursday but I bet there are not many takers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

I believe the price for the Chelsea game was €14.99 . That is an incredible amount of money to charge for a game such as UEFA Cup 1st Round. If people buy from Setanta they'll drain their pockets very quickly.

At least Sky(Premiership Plus) gives value of some sort.

I think Setanta did you a favour last week!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Do all Sky Digital subscribers expect to get all programming for free?? PPV, is the way all sports is going so we all may as well get used to it. It may as well be an Irish company that selling it as any other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

rte will be showing "some" SPL games, starting with the Old Firm game on saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

RTE are to show some of Celtics SPL games this season starting with the Old Firm on Sunday. Hamilton and Billy McNeill Vs Lineker and Hansen. No contest. :p

Persumably this means that they are going to be showing Celtic live whenever BBC Scotland have them live.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by bucks73
    Persumably this means that they are going to be showing Celtic live whenever BBC Scotland have them live.

Let's hope so. Would be very handy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

let's hope so indeed. RTÉ have bought the rights to something lots of people will watch. i'll stick with BBC and their glorious widescreen

you go away for a week and loads of things start happening :)
    i must go more often

Advertisement