Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen VS Guns N'Roses!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Yes but its still the same ****ing Tour Manager they had back then (Doug Goldstein)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

queen...coz they have less songs that i skip pass on their albums then GNR, for me anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I do admit that some of the new GNR songs are good (Madagascar, The Blues..) but they dont have the same Rock your pants ability as songs such as Nightrain, Garden of Eden, and Bad Apples have. In this poll, I just consider the old "classic" Guns, and not the new stuff. Anyway an album hasn't been done by them yet so..... Queen aren't consistent enough in their material for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

i voted for Guns'n'Roses but only for their earlier stuff with Slash

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I find it insulting to Queen that you would make this poll...

I could only dream of being as good a singer as Freddy Mercury.

Comparing Slash and Brian May might have been a better poll...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

ah definetely queen , they flippin rock big time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Definitely Gn'R. Old stuff rocked and I love the new stuff (Madagascar->classic song, The Blues, Chinese Democracy etc).

As for them being Dead and buried..nah. They got the US tour this fall and persistant rumours that the Album is coming out in December (I really hope so). Don't judge the new stuff cos of the different band members. I agree with Oeneus, Buckethead is a legend on the guitar and I wish I saw them in London.
    As for axl's voice being gone....I personally thought it's been better than ever...the way he hit them high notes in Madagascar on the VMA's....the VMA performance was a little dodgy though, well WTTJ anyway, pulled the 2nd song off nice and got through Paradise City ok-ish.
    But I'm confident they'll be back up in the #1 slot when the album is released.

Woohoo! Some support!

I was just waiting for that to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

heh, am a real big Gn'R fan myself. just waiting for that album like all the other fans :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dave05041994

Queen and G n R are two completely different bands. Although Queen had more comercial success G n R are just as good.

Everybody are now saying how good a guitarist Buckethead is but people are forgetting Robert Finck, the Nine Inch Nails guitarist. Technically he is just as good as Buckethead and even slash.

The big test will come when G n R release there new album. We will then see if Buckethead and Robert Finck can live upto Slash's creativity.

Oh yeah, i choose GnR for the vote but i have been listening to Queen since i was dead and just like Nirvana, the only flaw they have is that the lead singer, Freddy Mercury is dead.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

oldposts.jpg

Welcome to boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

I voted for Guns and roses. Queen are notoriously overrated and overcredited no they r not a bad rock outfit but i jus cant see whats so special about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 **/<::ë::/\/**

i jus cant see whats so special about them.

They wrote some of the most widely known music ever.

Leave this thread alone!!! I only started this thread months ago to settle an argument with a friend!Big mistake!

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level then beat you with experience". Or sumtin like that!

Dude, Robin Finck sucks big time. Trust me, I would know. I saw the new GnR live, and Finck really did suck.
    He did this little guitar solo before Paradise City and everyone just shouted and ranted at the guy. He was so crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Queen. Why? Bicycle Race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

ahh... G n ****in r. The greatest band of all time. Their 5 years of mega superstardom and pure **** off stageshows and lifestyles kicks the **** out of other bands like aerosmiths 30 years of being almost. No kid today understands the juggernaut monster that Gnr were. and to be honest that pisses me off. The way they dismiss axl as a balding old fat wannabe. Little do they know...eminem haha, can't wait to see what he looks like in 10 or 20 years. I suppose such is the heartache of getting old though and i was a kid too once and thought led zeppelin were old timers with nothing to listen to but maybe stairway.
    There are so many topics of argument with gnr and this is my opinion, and how I look at the situation.

The only Guns N Roses that ever existed was the appetite for destruction lineup. That is the band that got together and wrote every one of the good songs on the illusions(+obviously lies+appetite). I'm not a big fan of dizzy matt or gilby, matt being the pick of these as a musician, and I dont consider the new band 2000 on that axl has put together GnR. I do understand where axl is coming from, and alot of time has passed with a lot of different ****ed up situations and court cases and lost friendships etc. Its very easy to look at the facts and rush to harsh judgements but alot happens in 10 years. This album Chinese Democracy will be an album axl puts out as his solo project - I think everybody knows that - except the real axl arse lickers who would literally lick his bumhole, even though he will be using the legendary name( probably to sell more records, record company wont back anything else, and to be honest I think he still feels like it is his band that he started and he deserves to call it that. We all remember it as slash etc. but don't forget axl has seen alot of people come and go from the band. Technically buckethead etc have now been in the band longer than say Steven Adler!). I think he will tour the album, and that could be the last. You know there was a rumour floating around (taken with a pinch of salt) that axl has a 3 CD album coming out with all sorts of music on it, from a lot of different people, including former band members. I think this would be truly amazing and would almost unite all camps again to create a uniquely friendly atmosphere which previously would be unheard of in gnr. Only in a perfect world though - in reality the problems that would pose would be probably impossible (financially, legally, etc.). If anyone could make it happen though...

afd-group.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Just on a side note here... y'all know that slash, duff and matt sorum have teamed up with Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots in a new band called Velvet revolver!? Looks and sounds interesting...

Velvet Revolver

Yeah. I downloaded Velvet Revolver's "Set Me Free" last week, aswell as a short clip of a Pink Floyd cover they did (Money). It's pretty cool stuff. Much. MUCH better than GnR's new material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Oeneus
    Much. MUCH better than GnR's new material.

I agree. Very much so. I Look forward to seeing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

I don't agree lads. I really like set me free, and I think it is equal to anything axl has (put out) performed. Madagascar and the blues are november rain style songs, and i really like them in a different way to set me free. That Money clip I wouldn't be into.
    It's amazing how much pressure is on axl to come out with instant success with this. I hope that doesn't stop him from ever releasing it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

it's not even that it's a hard decision to make but that there's no link between gunsnroses and queen so i don't know why you chose those two bands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Gotta go with G'nR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Latrodectus

Guns N' Roses & Queen are two great, legendary bands.

Both have produced great songs, epic ones, light hearted ones, & love songs.
    First difference is Guns N' Roses have hard kick ass rock as well as acoustic, & soft, love tracks. Guns N' Roses encompass the whole spectrum of songwriting. As listeners, we like different types of song at different times, The Guns sometimes & the Roses other times.

Queen in 25 years produced about 16 albums of their material, whereas Guns N' Roses produced 3 albums & 1 EP of their material over 5 years.
    (I exclude Live albums, Cover albums etc...)

I think it is evident that Guns N' Roses have produced brilliant songs like Queen but far more consistently.

Guns N' Roses have Brilliant songs on the whole of their albums (they wrote) with the exception of 1 or 2 songs on "Use Your Illusions 1 & 2".

I love Queen but I think Guns N' Roses are better as they had such an impact & wrote brilliant song immediately after brilliant song.

Queen are ever-present & an old reliable for nice well written songs.

I categorically vote GUNS N' ****IN' ROSES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Latrodectus

Guns N' Roses ended after Use Your Illusions in terms of new material. (I am aware of "Synpathy for the Devil" etc..)

Slash & Axl, Duff ... Anything after this is NOT Guns N' Roses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Ardent

Oeneus wrote:
    Don't judge them until the new album comes out

Is this the Chinese Democracy album? Hasn't that been in the pipeline for what seems forever?

Edit: Mmm Ok, I'm relied to a post the was written in 2003. Shows how up to date on GNR I am.

Was Chinese Democracy any good in the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

and again...

oldposts.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Digging up old posts is a bad, bad thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement