Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

another case of the ex's

• 30-09-2002 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i was just wondering what people think of this:

my ex is dating a friend of mine and we still really get on, and everytime im around and she kisses him he looks at me?

am i just mad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

maybe he feels slightly guilty knowing she's your ex , or maybe suspicious that you still have feelings for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

im female

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Did u finish the relationship? maybe its like a sense of revenge - "look at me now" "think about what you're missing?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Unregistered
    im female

Good for you! :)

it was never a 'relationship' if you know what i mean, it just kind of finished

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt

Im male. Need a fuk buddy?

Only messing.

It sounds like when she kisses him and looks at you... shes thinking of you.

Cop a feel next time you're alone with her.

Come back and tell us how you got on.

Cop a feel next time ?
    What does that mean ?
    Phone her talk, you must be holding for something dont read through the lines (Talk)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

my ex is dating a friend of mine and we still really get on, and everytime im around and she kisses him he looks at me?

Stop watching them so.

Cop a feel ?
    You put it there?
    Are you single?

Talk its better than a slap in the face
    And better than loseing two friends,

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

eh, the original poster is a she (assuming the 2nd anonymous post was made by the same person).

does your advice still stand merc? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Cop a feel next time you're alone with her.

Come back and tell us how you got on.
    Errrr, what???? I think the unreged that proclaimed she's female is the original poster ;) Does everyone always assumes only internet guys posts relationship problems here?

To original poster:
    maybe your ex is just worried that you'll get upset seeing them intimate together. Or maybe he still likes you and want to see how you react. Or maybe he's just uncomfortable with you watching. You can always just ask what's up if he's a good friend.

:D Waiting Merc lol

I think you need to read closer code'ie.
    Now that's funny cause the original post said...

and you said...

And corkey is not the only one who can't understand what you mean by "Cop a feel next time you're alone with her." Now do you mean him here and what does the phrase "cop a feel" mean?

Talk its better than putting two&two together burp sorry had a few beers tonight, Talk alone with your friend see what happens,
    Other way next time they kiss wink and laugh, Real friends would not carry on in front of you if they had feelings for you

All

Were loseing the real post here, Someone is haveing trouble
    cop a feel and all that does not work with a real person,

• Advertisement

Burp Goodnight all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

he either still fancies you, wants to rub your nose in it, or is embarrassed that you have to watch him with his new bird but he still cares for you.

id just go and snog his best friend in front of him and then look at him. and then go and snog your ex's bird.

and then tell us how you feel.

Maybe if you stopped watching them snog they'd feel a bit more comfortable about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Take naked pictures of yourself and post them on the internet. That's sure to make him jealous.

Give me the URL when you do.

That is all.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Merc,

I didn't think you had colloquialisms up north. Always thought the weather was too harsh.

I'll take €20 on him trying to make you jealous. Go get a life that doesn't involve either of them before you drive yourself mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by dazed 'n' confused!
    i was just wondering what people think of this:

am i just mad?

This is called 'rubbing your face in it'.

No that is not madness on your part, that is you getting your face rubbed in it. 'Friendly advice', don't look, or better yet, don't be in a situation where you will interact with l'couple, I assure you that as soon as you are no longer there to have your face rubbed in it, you will have already taken half the joy away from the sad case who was deriving fun out of it to begin with.

Revel in this, and derive satisfaction from it. Yes and get another boyfriend..... did I mention I'm single.........

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Typedef
    did I mention I'm single.........

going in for the kill while she's still on the rebound there typedef??? :D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Beruthiel

going in for the kill while she's still on the rebound there typedef??? :D

ah, umm me.... ?
    I was empathising .... offering kind words

/mental_note Beruthiel knows too much

ah, umm me.... ?
    I was empathising .... offering kind words

you didnt look like you were doing more empathizing with my mate debbie last week.

and she told me what you got up to after the pub.
    i believe there were sexual relations involved, want to tell the world about them?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I believe WWM knows a LOT more than me! I suggest you take the hit out on him first!

by which time I should be well out of the country...

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan

you didnt look like you were doing more empathizing with my mate debbie last week.

and she told me what you got up to after the pub.
    i believe there were sexual relations involved, want to tell the world about them?

The word no, springs to mind on so many different levels you wouldn't believe it....... besides.... that would be creepy.... really creepy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

did I mention I'm single.........

There's a reason for that.

.logic.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

As he plunges his tongue meat ever deepr into the fetid recesses of your friend's gullet, his mysterious gaze in your direction is meant to signify "Do you fancy a threesome, then?".

Oh, and, you despise the girl you so affectionately refer to as "a friend of mine", admit it.

• Advertisement

in answer to the topic of why do i watch, i have no choice. his g/f lunges at him when im around, to prove to me that "he is mine". does this help in any way?

Originally posted by dazd n cunfusd
    in answer to the topic of why do i watch, i have no choice. his g/f lunges at him when im around, to prove to me that "he is mine". does this help in any way?

childish and immature behaviour.
    she obviously has issues and thinjs you may try and get him back or that he may fancy you.
    she is just insecure.
    stop hanging around if its that painful, otherwise either move on, tell them to move, or just go and find someone else.
    but hanging around and worrying about is going to do you about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i`m a likle bit confused , but LOL , at mercury , aw man ur so subtle , cop a feel , oou aarr with a bit o raaarrrr mama , funny. newho , he probably thinks that because you are looking at him when he looks at you that you still have feelings for him or feel uncomfortable , or maybe he wants to get back with you and thats why he keeps looking at you .

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭strawberry

I think you could be imagining it all. Maybe you're going quietly insane from the pressure of seeing your ex and your friend go out. Or maybe they're instigating a plot to kill you.
    Hell, at least your ex still talks to you and isn't trying to turn everyone against you. (I'm bitter, leave me alone.)

Advertisement