Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bugbear Virus doing the rounds

• 01-10-2002 7:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Just a quick warning that the W32bugbear virus announced yesterday? appears to be a live one, as we've already caught 5 copies this morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ProofWizard

Its live alright.
    just extracted same from my machine tonite, nasty little bugger.
    Havent figured where it came from as yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

causing havoc on my dads pc anyway, cheeky baxtard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

I called out to a client last night who was un-infected (hey, I set up their virus protection!), but who was panicking because he was receiving loads of emails with the virus.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

he isnt the only one getting it.

I've seen about 200 approx copies of it in the last 6 days.
    the most in one day was 46.

Mad little virus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Holy ****. That's one nasty little fúcker. Two just landed in my hotmail, and miraclously were guided into my junk mail.

The Subject is: Can you forward this to Stella please?, the text:
    18/10/98

Stella,

I nearly wet myself..........the subject of one of your jokes was 'Irish
    Wedding', I assumed that it applied to you! Make sure I'm on your 'phone list
    when it does happen!

It must be strange being a student again, after so much responsibility in
    Cayman. How did your boss react when you told her that you were leaving?
    And how much notice did you give her? Poor Jim, being left on his own. I
    hope he'll behave himself!

Life is good here; Byron is as sexy as ever and Sian is getting HUGE. She is
    just starting to sit up on her own, and is great fun at the moment. My
    brother, Joe, is coming over to visit at the weekend, he just got back from 5
    weeks in Mexico. I can't wait to see him and get all the gossip.

Nessa is visiting early in November while coming over to see her Dad. I
    believe she is in love with a dutchman, she always did fall for tall guys.

I'm hoping to come over to Dublin some time in the next month, it would be
    brilliant to meet up and exchange gossip! Being a good talker, I find typing
    more difficult to chat!!

See you soon hopefully,

Gina.

9/11/98

Hi Stella ,
    I sent you email a while back in reply to your most recent letter but I don't
    think it got to you, so here goes again! I will send this under a couple of
    addresses including Jim so that you get it (I'm sure the last message went
    under your new address)
    ANYWAY!!!.................How are you?
    I was in Dublin 2 weeks ago but messed up on trying to see you. I wasted the
    first couple of days trying to get your telephone no. from Nessa and Fi and
    then resorted to a failed attempt in the phone-book ( have you seen the amount
    of Murrays in it? you must breed like rabbits!!) To cut a long story short I
    finally found your no. in my mums tel index?? I think I put it there last time
    I was home. I left a message on your machine but it was very short notice as I
    was leaving the following day. Another time hopefully. I promise to let you
    know in plenty of time next visit.
    Are you enjoying your course? It must be so weird to be a student again. I am
    due back to work in Jan. I plan to do 2 days a week to begin, Mon and Fri.
    Sian will be in the hospital nursery so it should be really easy to sort out .
    I will drop her just before my shift at one fifteen and Byron will pick her up
    at tea-time then come back for me at nine.
    Sian said Da-Da yesterday. Yes Byron is gloating! he loves it. I'm not sure
    she knows what it means yet.( La-La the teletubby was also Da-Da, as were the
    curtains etc etc)
    Nessa was here last week. She came swimming with us on Fri and loved it. Sian
    is great in the water. She really enjoys it. I am renewing my membership of
    the gym in the hospital and am hoping to go every Sat morning. It will give me
    a good excuse to get away for some time for me and it will hopefully make me a
    bit fitter. I will probably go for a swim afterwards . Byron was showing me
    some tummy exercises yesterday and I am so sore today!
    I'll go now and have some lunch, you may have guessed Sian is having a nap,
    Keep in touch
    Gina

That's mad, it's even Ireland related......

Comes with an attachment called "Houseworktasks.xls.scr", and hotmail's inbuilt system automatically found bugbear, but jaysus, that's a sophistimicated virus...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Of course its ireland related, its a real mail.

This little git of a virus grabs old mails from your mail folders and sends them out, faking the To: and From: headers to overwriter the real values and makes it look like you got it in error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Yeah there was a few copies of it flying round my college net admins soon had it gone though still a tricky lil one

Advertisement