Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Manager

Options
  • 01-10-2002 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    i currently use getright - and i'm very happy with it.
    only one thing missing though - i want to be able to login to a ftp server and download files.
    is this supported by any of d/l manager?

/d

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Absolutely. I've been using Download Mage for about a year now, and its all you'll ever need in a download manager.

http://www.dlmage.com

It comes with 3 small integrated programs:

- Download Mage - The main download manager.
    - Download Caster - You can highlight a chunk of HTML on a webpage and drag it to the Download Caster. It will parse the HTML, extract the links and list them for including/excluding in a download session (invaluable for a page that has alot of download links on it, eg. MP3s, a directory with no index.html, etc.
    - FTP/HTTP Explorer - Input a URL at the top, and it will list all the downloadable items on that page. So for your original query, you can put ftp://username:password@IPaddress and it will list all the files at that address, plus you can browse directories to your hearts content. Queue up whatever files you want into the download manager.

The main download manager has download scheduling, autodisconnect/shutdown, bandwidth throttling .... the list goes on.

Like I said, everything you need in a download manager (no ads, spyware etc. either!). Under a meg too, and less than $20 to register. Worth every penny. I've been a registered user since last Christmas.

Oh, and I have no affiliation with the developer. I just wish all software was this useful and non-bloated.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

wget -rnp http://www.someurl.com

'nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement