Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cmeire

Options
  • 01-10-2002 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

don't know if this has been commented on already, but does anyone find it a bit odd that they're calling the new Championship Manager game cmeire
    Saw it advertised in a shop and on a banner here.
    [edit] I just noticed a separate thread on webmaster which explains this.... the domain name was already gone... my mistake :D [/edit]

Does anyone in Ireland actually use Eire when referring to themselves. The only time I see it used (in english) is when the English are referring to us. Whats wrong with calling us Ireland? I just see it as bad marketing and that it should have been called cmireland or something. Anyone else a little annoyed by this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

rofl

cmeire is a new (and very good) CM fan site, that was born from these forums

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭donny

i keep reading it as c'mere... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by donny

Does anyone in Ireland actually use Eire when referring to themselves. The only time I see it used (in english) is when the English are referring to us. Whats wrong with calling us Ireland? I just see it as bad marketing and that it should have been called cmireland or something. Anyone else a little annoyed by this?

How very odd you should post this completely unrelated to my post in the "Irish developed game" thread. I agree, its stupid, lame and annoying.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

when deciding upon a URL is is always best to keep two things in mind

1. Name reflects site
    2. Short as possible URL

CM - Championship Manager
    Eire - Ireland/Irish etc.

Its not meant to be patronising or anything, just a handy short URL for the site.

cmireland was taken.

If you are annoyed by the choice of cmeire as a URL, i dont really want to know your opinions on gamIRE :D

Originally posted by bazH
    when deciding upon a URL is is always best to keep two things in mind

1. Name reflects site
    2. Short as possible URL

CM - Championship Manager
    Eire - Ireland/Irish etc.

Its not meant to be patronising or anything, just a handy short URL for the site.

cmireland was taken.

If you are annoyed by the choice of cmeire as a URL, i dont really want to know your opinions on gamIRE :D

I guess you havent read the "Updated Irish-developed 3D Game " thread! At least you didnt accuse me of being ashamed of being Irish and my parents of poor dress sense! :D

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by Matt Simis
    I guess you havent read the "Updated Irish-developed 3D Game " thread! At least you didnt accuse me of being ashamed of being Irish and my parents of poor dress sense! :D

Matt

Ahh yes i see your are making your point to anyone who`ll listen - very nice :D

Maybe you should put it in your sig to get more exposure.

run along

• Registered Users Posts: 9,491 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i like cmeire. I am trying to get a gaeltacht grant for the site so thats why i used the irsh name. :D

cmireland was gone i register it if it come available soon.

Originally posted by bazH
    Ahh yes i see your are making your point to anyone who`ll listen - very nice :D

Maybe you should put it in your sig to get more exposure.

run along

Not exactly, I made a comment about computer game names completely unrelated to either you or the other website before this thread.

Someone else completely critised your name!?

Clever stuff re:grant IrishGeo!

Matt

Advertisement