Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All For One Video Senders

Options
  • 01-10-2002 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a source for additional receiver units ?

I've already got a transmitter and receiver and they work great - just need some additional receivers.

The model number is SV-1700.

cheers

Shabby

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have you tried the list of resellers on their website?

Their website is: Here
    Resellers: Here
    List of Irish retailers: Here

None of them seem to mention extra receivers though..
    :mad:

I use one too, and find it great..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

yeah, I e-mailed the Irish distributor and they don't/won't sell additional receivers. Looks like I'll have to buy additional sets - I'm sure I'll come up with a use for the extra transmitters (they have 4 switchable freqs so I'm sure I can find a use for them).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

hmm.. That's unusual, given their support for multiple receivers, and/or multiple senders...

Try Dalepak direct in the UK (listed in their UK distributors page), they seem to be a big re-seller, or I'd send 'em (oneforall) a mail directly...

Given that they spent the time and money including this functionality in the product, it'd be a bit of a marketing disaster if they didn't sell receivers individually...

Yeah - you'd imagine that they would sell individual receivers. No luck with any other source.
    However the new Maplin store here in D15 opened yesterday so I bought the videosender they were selling for €84 and sure enough it works with my one-for-all system. I have an extra transmitter but I'm sure I can come up with a use for it.

for the benefit of anyone doing a search on this topic in the future.
    It turned out that the video senders that were on special offer at Maplins were identical to the One For All system (as far as I can tell , most 2.4ghz video senders are compatible).
    Plus....they sell extra receivers.

So, now I'm a happy camper.

[if I could figure out how to tweak the hardware to boost the transmission strength I'd be even happier]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Do they have the extra receivers in Maplins or is that from the manufacturer? Any price on just the receiver?
    Not a bad price for the whole kit, I might toodle over there and get one anyway.

Yes , Maplin sell individual receivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Dose anyone get interference on their 2.4giga system system? If the microwave is on I have to turn the sound off till the microwave is off.I also know when the neighbour has their microwave on.
    All views welcome and a solution even more welcome!!!.
    Regards JD!!! Belgium

2.4ghz equipment (video senders, wireless network equipment) can cause interference - microwaves, cordless phones all interfere. nothing you can do about it really.
    downside of the technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Shield your house with lead maybe?

• Advertisement

now there's an idea.....

anyone recommend a source of lead ?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Your local church roof?

Might be cheaper to have one of those cage things built into the wall. Can't remember what they're called (something sciency like Gaussian thingamagig or similar).

Don't forget to wear tinfoil on your head too:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Can't remember what they're called (something sciency like Gaussian thingamagig or similar).

Heh heh, I think it's called a 'Faraday Cage'....I can't remember Physics lessons that clearly either!

The frequency being 2.4Ghz, water would be as good a shield as anything. You could fill one of those 'travel pillows' with water and sit the box on top of it, or wherever works best.....

You're always going to get interference though, it'd probably be more effective shielding your AND your neighbours microwaves. :rolleyes:

I improved the reception on my sender/receiver considerably by 1) placing them both on the floor (i.e. exactly the same level) [N.B. I live in a flat!] 2) As far as possible from the TV's and any mains cables 3) made the antennae exactly vertical on both sender/receiver and finally 4) Turned the volume to MAX on the digibox, controlling the volume with the telly remote.

Point number 4) above helps to drown out b/ground interference on the receiving equipment by improving the Signal to Noise Ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

I get interference when anyone walks past the receiver! The glory of static. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Serves us right for being 'walking water bags'. Try taking a leak before you walk in front of the unit (might help!) :D

Advertisement