Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CORRUPTED Voodoo Lounge, Fri Oct 11

Options
  • 01-10-2002 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

CORRUPTED will be part of the show in the final of GigSmart's "Band Wars" competition on Friday, October 11th, 2002.

Visitors to the CORRUPTED Forum may recall that CORRUPTED qualified for the final by winning their performance heat back in July.

Writing to corrupted@eircom.net Thomas Brunkard, Co-ordinator of Gigsmart Ireland said:

"Final line up for Voodoo Friday 11th, three finalists - Corrupted, Fingermouse, Pinion and 2 runners up Hollow Point & Sarcosis."

GigSmart is a music collective who promote the cause of underground and independent music, most notably in Dublin, but also countrywide.

They describe Band Wars as "a monster battle of the bands competition offering one lucky group the chance to walk off with over €4000 in prizes. A full back line care of Instrumental: a Marshall Guitar Amp, a Carlsboro 80 watt Bass Amp and a Sonor 5 Piece 2001 Drum kit. Two days recording time in Track Mix Recording Studios and if that wasn’t enough 100 professionally pressed C.D.’s courtesy of Banned Productions. The winner will also have their name engraved on the Band Wars trophy which will be permanently displayed at Instrumental. There are four runner up prizes to be won including recording time and 200 C.D.’s, Beer and Gigsmart Cards."

Thomas Brunkard added that there will be a drinks promo on the night: €2 for a Voodoo Shot (Vodka, Peach Schnapps and fruit juice). In addition the gig will be followed by the new Club Papa Lazarou's (Rock, Alternative).

http://www.gigsmartireland.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

anyone else see corrupted on saturday with the enchanted?
    both bands rocked.;but as always corrupted stole it away.

i ended up on my back when a drunken leap from the stage left me prostrate on the ground...i looked rather silly

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Perception_Distorted

Yep, I was there. Thought I saw someone flailing away at the front alright.... :D

Advertisement