Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Example requirements for PC?

• 01-10-2002 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

I hope this note is keeping in line with the board policies but here goes...

I was reading around the board looking for info on buying a new system. One of the "stickys" recommended Komplett.ie (by a few ppl). I'm basically looking to replace my old pc but i dont need a monitor/keyboard/mouse just a case/cpu/gfx card/sound card/ram/main board/dvd combo drive. I'm not too well up on what's supported by what so if any of you can recommend some components which will fit together, it would be greatfully received!

I was thinking along the lines of 1.5GHz Athlon(cheaper than P4) with the above components, and with a price range of about €500-€600.

thanx in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Before you buy and build from Komplett check out Marx computors. They will build you an amd athlon XP 1700 with 128 ram for €535 inc VAT. If your not too competent on buyilding pc's (not much too it anyway) you could look at this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

http://www.marx-computers.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi

Thats quite a good price (crap graphics though)

Still If your gonna consider this you will need more ram

Komplett do upgrade kits which are checked for compatibility just get a Floppy Drive + Cd or whatever you need.

But for a complete system Id go for that marxcomps

For very cheap cases with 300w PSU's visit:

www.discountcomputersni.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well marx do sell built towers which is all you need and they are irsih, a little dearer then komplete but a better service from them, more personal!

Advertisement