Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolby 6.1 amps

Options
  • 01-10-2002 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought a fully compatible DD 6.1 ES amplifier ? Is anyone thinking about getting one ? I see the prices are dropping so I may upgrade my own (Marantz 6200).

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

I bought the Sony STR-DB1070 a few months ago and I love it! It's got 6.1 DD alright but very few DVDs seem to have it, I don't think I've played one on it yet. I've got no place to put the extra surround back speaker anyways... From DD5.1 DVDs the sound is sooooo good though, watchin Pearl Harbour (*cough* err just for the sound) you could really hear the seperate speaker channels very well, you actually think some's talking beside you and all that.

Well that's my experience anyway, I haven't really heard any other amps to comment on how it shapes up in the amp world, nevertheless I am very happy & impressed.

Price was around €500, some special offer in the Sony stores...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Any DVD discs marked 5.1 ex or 6.1 ex will output to the 6 channels. I see monsters (2 disc set) is only marked 5.1 and ex but is actually 6.1 ES. Confusing or what..

Advertisement