Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL add

• 01-10-2002 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭

Getting more money from the telco's ? .... i like it !

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I doubt thats the sort of feedback they were hoping to engender!

Yes, actually they've been very nice and have sent us a few supportive messages and as a result have taken an ad with us to support the community.

Should allow us to buy a second HDD I think... oooh choices choices...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

ntl's always-on broadband internet service is currently available in selected areas of West Dublin.

cry.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Though I do like to see companies supporting boards.ie, I would really like to see this particular company spending their money to somehow offer their product (in this case, cable broadband) to more than a tiny fraction of a percentage of Irish residents.

If their cable broadband (priced at.. what.. €35/month?) was available all over ireland, even a modest advertising campaign would drive a HUGE takeup of the product - which would obviously give revenue. (I know there are many obstacles, but there is no question that the product for that price WOULD sell)

I mean - look at UTVip : massive interest - and its for 150hrs offpeak 56k dialup for €30. Imagine the interest if ntl_cable_modem posted a thread tomorrow called "NTL Launch Cable Access from Anywhere in Ireland at €35 / month".. I think boards.ie would explode.

Colm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Absolutely, the cable in the leixlip area is meant to be incredibly bad so Im not going to see cable anytime soon unless I move, argh :(

Nice to see more adds though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement