Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Vs. ISDN T/A question

Options
  • 01-10-2002 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Using a single ISDN 64k connection (same ISP, same PC, same hardware) I get far faster download of email and websites when connected directly to an ISDN T/A as opposed to via Ethernet (100mbps) -> Router -> serial connection -> ISDN T/A

Surely I shouldn't notice any difference ? Is there anything I should be checking on my router configuration ? (serial speed is set to 115k on both TA and Router as the TA doesn't support serial speed above 115k anyhow)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

there shouldnt be much difference at all, maybe pings will be a bit lagger with the router?

are you using anything on the lan/copying anything at all during the time you are online?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Shíte ethernet card/router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

and throttle isdn to 56k like they do.

giz the config os and model of the router willya

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

The Router is U.S. Robotics Broadband Router (Model # USR8000, Version V1.25) (latest firmware)

The T/A is Eicon Diva with latest 2.2 firmware - definitely connecting at 64k

Netcard is Realtek RTL8139/810x Family (PCI) - some kind of OEM I think.
    Running WindowsXP Professional SP1 and what appear to be latest drivers...

Hmmm. I wonder if it's the NIC. I think I've got an Intel Pro lying around somewhere I could try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

TRy Intel Pro , relatek are cheapos but normally OK

ensure both ends (router and network card) are set to 10Mbit or 100Mbit and Full Duplex for debugging rather than let them autonegotiate speed and settings

have you googled the hardware combo BTW?
    M

• Advertisement
Advertisement