Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Form Factor PC's?

• 01-10-2002 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Having checked a few of these smaller PC's out, I am starting to beleive that this is the way PC's will go in the coming year.

I'll be purchasing a Shuttle SS51G in the next month or so, (cash permitting), to build and play around with.

Anyone else have one, or is getting one soon?

What do the rest of you think about 'em?

Luc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Meanwhile, hould onto that ATX case so that you can stick a server in there with a MoBO such as This Animal or a similar one from ASUS

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Oh, trust me Muck, my ATX case ain't goin' anywhere :)

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

check out this case, it doesnt get much smaller than that.. and it's only $6.50 !!

http://www.silentpcreview.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=42&page=1

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

that looks class

loved the later addition of chickenwire to stop radiation...howya love, i need to wrap the computer in chickenwire!

these things run so cool (temp wise) that u could build them into cupboards in the house and hook up an IR detector outside for keyboard and mouse.

then glue lcd or similar to wall or cupboard.

beats that ridiculous fridge from LG with the touchscreen.

....apart from the fact that the nearest ikea is in Liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

hehe, there's prolly something like it in homebase.
    looks very cool tho, imac made better :)

perhaps one could speculate about which found object would benefit from being hollowed out and retrofitted as a Small Form ...SFFPC

I'd love to stick on in a Jacobs Biscuit tin for the crack or one of those old Bakelite MW only radios that were still sold in the 60's....hmmm fiendish thoughts here.

I still think that the IR mouse/keyboard should be mandatory.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yes, whatever the 'case', an IR keyboard and mouse wil have to be used, with the exception of gaming of course :)

Advertisement