Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Contagion] The Players.

Options
  • 01-10-2002 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

This thread is for listing the stats of the players. You should add yourself to this thread if you wish to play, then wait to be approved and be written into the current storyline. You may want to read this thread from time to time to see if your stats change.

Creating a character

Below are the following items to fill out and thier limitations. Items marked as "Set by TM" mean that the thread master sets these and anything you put in here will be deleted.

Name: Your characters name.

- STATS -
    Player has stats assigned of – Low, Med, High. These are all set by the thread Master.

Body: Overall fitness and strength.
    Mind: Intelligence and wisdom.
    Soul: Players natural luck.

- TRAITS -
    The Player picks a maximum of 4 traits that their character will display. Players can gain or loose traits during the game. In some instances the player will be given or have traits removed before starting. Traits are quirks about the player that aren't a skill.

You should give a brief description of each trait. Example.

[daydream] Player stops and thinks about something else. Becomes oblivious to what is going on but helps solve a possible problem in their fantasy world.

If you do not put the trait name against an action in the game then your Stats will be used to determine what the outcome is.

- SKILLS -
    The player has 10 skill points to play with. They can pick up to 10 skills or a minimum of 1 skill worth 10 points. Players can gain or loose or have skills change during the game. Some players may gain/loose skills before the game starts for them.

You should give a brief description of each Skill and it's rating. Example.

[Hacking-9] Player is able to break into any computer system. (in this case the player would have a skill level of 9).

- ITEMS -
    Player is allowed a maximum of 3 easy to carry items they normally carry around. This may be changed on a user basis but only by the thread master. (No kitchen sinks please).

- FUNDS -
    Set by the thread Master. There are two fund types.

On Person: The amount of cash you carry around (also if you have a credit card/atm card).
    Others: Funds available to you elsewhere (eg. trust fund, Credit card limit).

These values probably won't change and are more to give you a status of your characters ability to buy goods.

- LIMITS -
    Set by the thread master. These are certain conditions to your character that you must follow in making an action. For example if one was "Fear of water" you would not be allowed to go scuba diving.

Added...

1. Traits will sometimes be kicked in by the threadmaster.

2. You can assign a STAT to an action which will override what the threadmaster may choose to use instead.

For example.

Player: I try to open the door
    TM: [body] You try to force open the door, but it doesn't work.

Player: [mind] I try to open the door.
    TM: You check under the mat to see if the key is there.

Player: [soul] I try to open the door.
    TM: You notice the door is in fact not locked but just stickey and opens up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Ok, here's my one- going on the basis of a current-day setting being fairly mundane I've decided to make him odd. Also added a description, might be useful so you can accurately set the TM-set stuff. Also put in () what is meant to be TM-set..
    Also, might help/encourage others if you make a quick n easy character sheet to fill out :) (mmm dnd)

NAME: Dante
    DESCRIPTION: Rough looking, fairly tall, dark messy hair
    BACKGROUND: Italian youth who once lived on the streets in Milan, now currently in _____. Has perhaps spent some time in prison, or in a voluntary mental health clinic - no one seems to know much about his background.

- STATS -
    BODY:(avg)
    MIND:(low, if any)
    SOUL:(highest soul, takes some luck to survive on the streets)

- TRAITS -
    [Rage]Tends to lose it when angered, fighting anyone and anything in a berserk rage
    [Klepto]Will pocket anything not nailed down. Sometimes can't help himself
    [Loon]Sometimes mind wanders, far far away

- SKILLS -
    [Stealing-3]Picking pockets, nicking stuff. What you pick up on the streets
    [Fighting-2]Fighting skills, learnt on the street. Fights dirty.
    [Talking-5]Can sometimes talk himself out of a very bad situation. Speaks several european languages very well

- ITEMS -
    A smallish pocket knife.

- FUNDS -
    None

- LIMITS -
    Fairly tramp looking. Would have trouble being admitted to a nice hotel for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

That's good enough. I'll leave it as is. Doesn't fit the profile for my first scene character but it does for another. I don't have my game script with me here, so bare with me with the game starting. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

NAME: Whispers
    DESCRIPTION: Slim, blonde, long hair, wimpy, dazed. A hippy.
    BACKGROUND: Had started a small commune but when all that was left was him and a small puppy he led his puppy off to ______ to... y'know... find his way man.

After accidently crashing a university lecture (looking for a place to chill) he gets into an intellectual argument with the professor (Prof Lightner) who sees that Whispers is more intelligent then he looks. He manages to wrangle him a place in Social/lingustics & Philosophy studies. Whispers seems not to be taking these classes on a frequent basis.

He has a girlfriend (Amy) who is exactly like him, but is only really dating him because she likes his puppy.

- STATS -
    BODY: Low
    MIND: High
    SOUL: Average

- TRAITS -
    [Smoke] Absently-mindedly draws out a small joint and takes a few drags. Somehow he can pull this and not get caught short of waving it under a cop's nose.
    [Profound Moment] On occasion may make a profound statement about events, stop, "whoa... deep..."
    [Peace] Keeps trying to get people to get along and can often put fights down with his pacafist wiles.

- SKILLS -
    [Car -2]Those vans aren't 100% immune to breakdowns... especially the ones FROM the 60's... has picked up a few skills and can drive <well enough for it to be legal> under the influence.
    [Karma -3] When all else fails sit back and let fate guide you.
    [Knowledge: World - 3] Has travelled around Europe, touched on Asia and been on an excursion to Africa.
    [Research -2]Knows where and how to look up stuff. Doesn't mean he can understand what he finds but good at finding it.

- ITEMS -
    "Supplies", lighter, hairbrush, artwork, pencil and sketchpad <all in small backback>, puppy.

- FUNDS -
    Enough to get by threw selling art and clothes, etc.

- LIMITS -
    Might get hassled by tough rocker types, pretty much a wuss and no good in a fight, more likely to make a statement than actually help out, moral.

In case your wondering Lord Sippa, both of you's are ready to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

good stuff, busy few days at work but i'll take a look tonight :) [Klepto] uh oh, the URGE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

[edited: Needs a little work over but I'll let you play this - Hobbes]

well here goes thought i mite add one heer and c if it was any use:

NAME: Jonny
    DESCRIPTION: Well turned out guy who kind of fancies himself in any situation
    BACKGROUND: Grew up in a rich family and his most experience of being poor is forgetting where he left his credit card. Got a job as CEO of his parents company which was later taken over by KXine Corporation. You got to keep your job but it's more a token thing (you have no real power within the company). You are not aware of this, although you suspect it.

- STATS -
    BODY: Medium
    MIND: Medium
    SOUL: Low

- TRAITS -
    [Arrogance]Believes he is the best at anything he does and can get anything he likes when he wants it.
    [Envy+Anger]Is envious of anybody who looks like they might be getting the center of attention and can get angered easily because of this.

- SKILLS -
    [Business-2]Attended an excellent business school so is aware of how to get things done in the world of business.
    [Boxing-5]Boxed in university. Likes to think he's pretty good at it.
    [Talking-3]Can sometimes talk himself out of a very bad situation. Speaks several european languages very well but sometimes is too arrogant for his own good and this can turn nasty.

- ITEMS -
    Platinum Credit Card, 2000 in cash, wallet, Keys to Porsche

- FUNDS -
    Platinum Credit Card, 2000 in cash

- LIMITS -
    Due to the rich lifestyle a lot of everyday life is totally alien to him. For example he would have no idea where to buy shopping (someone else has always done it for him).

Your good to go.

Advertisement