Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Metallica gig?

• 01-10-2002 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭

I've been hearing rumours for a good while of Metallica playing Dublin next March. Anyone know if there's any substance in these rumours?

(Oh, and keep the "METALIKA SUXX!!" comments to a minimum, if you could)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Metallica SUXX :p

i ain't heard anything about it, have you checked ticketmaster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

There were rumours, but I haven't heard anything concrete.
    They were decent enough last time, I'd probably go see them again.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'll go to see them, definately if they come. Hopefully it will be sometime soon cos theres no real gigs on this year. I'd say they'll come over after they release their new album (whenever that is). There is a few CD's being released next year that would make up a good tour... Pantera being one of them! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

do they have a new bassist?
    haven't heard anything 'tallica related in ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Bob Rock has apparently been playing bass in the studio. No solid replacement as yet, though there are (unfounded) rumours of a return by Jason Newsted, specially now he's left that Echobrain band.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

i heard that Micheal Inez is playing bass now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

Bob Rock is playing the Bass on the New Album.

they have no full time replacement for Newstead

I didnt know he left Echobrain, when was that

Whats that about a new Pantera album???

Metallica rule

and fuc7 me, Ticketmaster class Sinead O'Connor and Toploader as alternative Rock (Buttheads)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Drazhar
    Whats that about a new Pantera album???
    They'll have a new album by early summer next year. A tour should follow. Hopefully they'll come to Europe first after what happened last time around with September 11th and all. Pantera were in Dublin at the time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Originally posted by Drazhar
    I didnt know he left Echobrain, when was that

The article is dated 28 Aug, so it musta been just a bit before then:
    Taken from Encyclopaedia Metallica

JASON ON HIS OWN AGAIN
    Former Metallica bassist Jason Newsted has left Echobrain and has been replaced by De'Briahs four-stringer Adam Donkin, brother of guitarist/vocalist Dylan Donkin.
    "The ball is now pretty much in their court," Newsted told Mercury News. "I've pretty much paved the way. Now, it's up to them to earn their way back up to that. All the money I put into it, I'll never see again, but it felt so good," Newsted said of the trio, which will continue to release albums through Jason's Chophouse Records.

Newsted also commented on the possibility of his returning to Metallica, as has been constantly rumored since his departure back in January 2001.

"Six months ago, I might have told you that things are looking OK about me returning to the group," he said. "Now I'm not really interested." If Metallica mainman James Hetfield called, "and said, 'I really want you to help me make that music' and addressed it that way no lawyers, attorneys, managers I would consider it," Newsted said. "But it would have to be him calling me. I don't ever want to say it could never happen.'"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

ive also heard bout the metallica gig, appently these would be rumours now i think but metallica would be here on 17,18,19th of december tickets go on sale at the end of this month €59. but if they havent released an album im guessing thats a rumour about the dates not the album

• Advertisement
Advertisement