Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Problem in W2k

• 01-10-2002 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

One of my friends just got a weird problem, He is running Windows W2K SP3, when he boots up the mouse begins right clicking and moving all over the screen, this only started this evening. When you boot the pc in safe mode everything is ok. He has tired a different mouse and it is still the same. I believe that this might be a virus as he has no software on it, He only has acces to the internet not e-mail.. has anyone any knowledge of virus doing this ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

no but run a virus scan :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

if it failed mechanically it could do that. Dirt could do it in extremis, clean those rollers.

antivirus a must too.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

i think he's tried another mouse already, not sure about that spelling though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

doesn't bear thinkin about does it ando :)

i am well corrected, its not the mouse then ,

maybe remove in system control panel , devices, and reboot. Let it up in normal mode and the plug and play will reinstall it.

did he install any new devices just b4 the mouse went bellyup?

Fixed many a weird prob with a reinstall

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭GUI

does a repair installation under win2k..
    keep all ur current applications and settings?
    keep ur current registry intact?

• Advertisement
Advertisement