Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

most viewed thread?

• 01-10-2002 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

just noticed on the new posts search that the utv internet thread has a whopping 28,800 page views... surely the most views on boards.ie to date?
    was well shocked at that.. err well done utv i guess :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Have a look at the ICDG satellite forum.

Sticky "Campaign..." thread.

UTV is catching up fast though (may have passed it by the time some read this).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

It has one of the largest amount of veiws/responses I've seen on boards.ie ...

but this means nothing! NOBODY is interested in flat rate :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Think it's officially the most viewed thread now.

Not sure about replies - some of those OLDYELLAR recycle bin threads might have been responded to more.

DeV would know of course.

Flat rate? Don't talk to me about flatrate

/me abuses still surviving NoLimits account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

originally posted by sceptre

Not sure about replies - some of those OLDYELLAR recycle bin threads might have been responded to more.

ah the recycle bin , those were the days;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its the most viewed thread ever in the history of boards.

Its the third most replied to thread ever (the first is that dumb Question/Answer thing... and weirdly the second is the "What tune are you listening to now?" thread.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

How about a stats page (or maybe just pointing out the existing one to me) for boards.ie?

I for one would like to see the amount of active users - eg logged on in last month / 3 months. Also maybe the average number of unique boards readers per day... that kind of thing.

Most viewed, most replied to thread, forum, etc would also fit in nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

krusty.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=63228

has breached 30,000 views. I suspect short of a thread
    outlining why the answer to the ultimate question is 42
    it'll never be topped.

(btw I do know the why the answer to the utimate question is 42.)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by mike65

(btw I do know the why the answer to the utimate question is 42.)

But you can build a computer who does right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Typedef
    But you can build a computer who does right?

Aren't we all a part of said computer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I saw some mice with an abacus earlier....

Mike.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by sceptre
    Think it's officially the most viewed thread now.

Lads I don't think it's fair to say it's officially the most viewed thread, cause it's a sticky and a sticky has that unfair advantage over the poor mortal thread. Sure the sticky I put up in for sale with a 'NT' beside it to tell people not to bother opening it, still got about 500 views!

Originally posted by Blade
    Lads I don't think it's fair to say it's officially the most viewed thread, cause it's a sticky

No it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Sticky that thread? No need :)

It never was stickied, it hasnt been out of the top 7 posts in the forum since it started. The ICDG thread is a sticky though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by sceptre
    Sticky "Campaign..." thread.

Oh, I thought it was when I read the above. Must have mixed the two up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

**bump**

Could an admin run a one-off "top 5"(or 10) on most replies and most views?

Is a word count possible?

Is a vote count possible?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57146&highlight=where+do+you+live
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49337

Advertisement