Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nirvana

Options
  • 02-10-2002 8:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

From cnn.com this morning

New Nirvana song reaches airwaves
    A long-anticipated Nirvana song that's been the subject of much speculation and litigation finally surfaced on the nation's airwaves this week, more than eight years after singer Kurt Cobain killed himself. Cobain's estate closely guarded "You Know You're Right," making it one of the most legendary unreleased tracks in rock history. The band, which launched the early 1990s "grunge" movement, recorded it in late January 1994, less than three months before Cobain's death. "It may not be the best song they ever did, but it's probably in the top 10," Cobain biographer Charles Cross said Thursday. "At the time, people were saying Kurt was over, and that's what's so significant about this song -- it's the last great Nirvana song." It's unclear how the track finally aired. Several radio stations said it first surfaced on the Internet, which was where they obtained it.
    One station, KROQ-FM in Los Angeles, reported receiving a one-day cease-and-desist order earlier this week, but said it had permission to play the song Thursday.
    The release -- whether official or not -- followed comments last week from Cobain's widow, Courtney Love, indicating that lawsuits involving the song had been settled for "a lot of money" and that "You Know You're Right" would come out before the holidays

Alison

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

So then ...,.anyone get hold of an MP3?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

If anybody does get a MP3 copy let us know!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Arch

Hey - if I e-mail it to you, will the Cobain estate's robotic spiders arrive at my hall-door in 10 minutes?

Probably a bit hefty for e-mail - 3.3mb.

I've an idea; we could use FTP - sure PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i have it on CD if u want it????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Johnny ... what is the quality like? What site did you download it from. I have a ultra high speed connection here at work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Hi-Speed? Me too!! Any chance you could try and send it to me Arch? rmurray@ncva.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

ohh dear!!!! that is the biggest dribble of aural diarrohea my ears have ever had the misforutne of hearing!!! now i know why he blew his head off......... the tunes were running out. richie....ill stick it on a cd for you and give it to you at the weekend. piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

I got it from here... may still be up

http://www.blacklabelsociety.net/sdmf/nirvana-youknowyou'reright.mp3

Tis a good tune - makes you realise how much that voice is missed - and how bad the imitators are....and what a tulip Eyeliner_Boy is.

lph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

tulip!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i got it from Kazaa - just do an audio search for you know youre right and you should get it back fairly quick - only tok 45 seconds to download aswell if u get the rite user

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

hey.I put up a post about this last week in some thread about "what you're listening to now". no one paid any attention. This mix isn't the final one that will be on the best of c.d.(out november 12th). The one courtney plaud at the Death Disco in London had some kind of rumbling intro. Charles Cross, author of heavier than heavan also says the version is differnet to the one he heard.
    I dunno I just thought i'd say this ****. If i'm being an ass.be jealous coz zome people try hard to be an ass and will never reach my level of assness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

I got it from here....

you know you're right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

i got it many moons ago from winmx.com, its just like napster, get there quick though before the man shuts it down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i heard it on spin fm, the last place i thought i'd hear it. dunno if phantom are playing, but i would've thought i'd hear it there rather than on spin fm (by the way, i was only listening to spin fm because my manager in work has the worst taste in music i've ever experienced ... as long as it's commercial and catchy, he loves it ... sigh.

i think it sounds good, although i had heard it before on the hole unplugged thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

yeah i have downloaded it from http://www.madster.com have the full length and acoustic version of it! its pretty damn good i like it anyway.

Advertisement