Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

where are cheapest fuel prices in dublin?

Options
  • 02-10-2002 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone notice that prices have creeped up lately, especially at my local....which was 84.9 and now is 87.4 for petrol.

Is it true that the cheapest are on kimmage rd lwr ?
    Anyone direct me to the cheapest around ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Some places are way overpriced, others are slightly cheaper.

The Garage on the N4 westbound after the M50 junction (I think it's an esso) is reasonable, but not overly cheap.

The one on the ranelagh road(?) across the road from Sandford (I think, my placenames are woeful), that has a Nine-one-one in it seems to be muchos cheap.

In Blessington, the last time I was through there, the Statoil at the north end of the village was 2c cheaper than the esso(?) at the south end of the village. The mind boggles.

I'm **** at remembering what type of garage they are or their address - I just know where they are :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭BeatTun

the cheapest ive come across is the shell garage just beside kilmainham jail, 83 i think it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

The cheapest one for Diesel is at Mount Brown, just before Jame's hospital. Think most taxi/hackney drivers get their fuel from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Thats very cheap the cheapest i can get in Dundalk is 91.2
    The cheapest i have seen around Dublin was to Ashbourne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

The Shell and Esso garages on the way to Finglas from Glasnevin are normally the cheapest I've seen on the Northside, usually less 86c.

I agree, the Shell on the north end of Ashbourne is cheap, got a fill of 82.9 once...

As I come from Co. Meath, as a rule of thumb I never ever fill up in Cavan, Monaghan and Louth. Those counties maximise their profit, because it is so cheap for the Northerners to come down and fill up, 91, 92c is still dirt cheap!

When I was in travelling in Kerry in July, there was a 10 cent difference between Tralee and Killarney, Tralee being the cheapest, and the diesel in Killarney was as cheap as the Unleaded in Tralee!! Shafted! Ennis was the cheapest town I came across when I travelled around the Whest around then, 82c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dagerbil

Tip : Dont buy your petrol in South County Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Shell Donnybrook - 91.x cent on Tuesday!!! I won't back there in a hurry. And they make extra money by having a mobile phone mast hidden in the price sign (it's true I tells ya)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

THE BLAXTARDS and I still couldn't get coverage at the match last Friday!!

Are there any Jets left in Ireland? The cheapest price of fuel in the last 10 years that i can remember was at a jet (I think on the N4) for 47.4p

Hella good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Maxol took over Jet a few years ago.

The remains of a Jet station is still there at the Opel Centre on the way into Dundalk.....

I passed through Ashbourne yesterday, still 84.5 there at the Shell....
    Actually, here's a good comparison within 50 miles of Dublin....

On the N1, Unleaded at around 90c, and fill up before you hit Drogheda! It gets upto 95c in Dundalk (and its still cheap for the Nordies!)

N2, 84-87 c/l

N3, 86-89 c/l

HTH,

DMC.

• Advertisement
Advertisement