Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nintendo buying Capcom?

Options
  • 02-10-2002 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Just heard a few rumours, wondering if there is any truth to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Shinji will know. Now where is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Its all just a rumour. Capcom are in debt trouble (which is odd, considering the amount of games they throw out)
    Ninty and MS are both rumoured to be interested:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=pub&aid=746

• Registered Users Posts: 16,655 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I'd like to see the reaction if MS bought them, from a res evil perspective etc. (not gonna happen, but would stir things up alot more than this rare thing).

Besides if MS remarketted the XBOX as the CAPCOM Fight-Cube in japan, i'm sure they'd actually sell some over there

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope microsoft don't get them. I can't believe that capcom are having debt trouble. Since Code Veronica they have been turfing out quality game after quality game. Just another example of people buying games cos of a license or hype and not cos the game is any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Apparently they're in debt because of some property investments not going well for them, or something.

They've also refuted rumours that MS are buying them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

would be funny if MS did buy them though, put a little cat among the pigeons then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Its fairly unlikely tho, the japanese have a pretty scant view of american companies coming in and taking over their home grown businesses. I doubt they'd sell no matter how much money MS could give them, which in itself is a good thing.
    Square make much less money than capcom and they told MS where to stick it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

I would like to see it go to ninty. Capcom games always seemed pretty close to nintendo in certain respects (difficulty level, short play time, fast pace etc). Nintendo need a few more games, as they are coming pretty slow at the mo. The only down-side, if they do buy capcom, I may have to buy a nintendo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Kim Tae-Woo

I think they may sell.

Cross-Share Holdings and investments in some bad Banking systems.

It's all about the Falling Tech, Electronic and Motors, Japan is highly based in this area and the Japanese have very few resources unlike other nations France Canada or Norway these guys have very few Oil, Chemical or Coal supplies.
    The Japanese have to constantly buy Timber Steel Wool Textiles Livestocks, Fuel and minerals form China, USA and Austalia.

The large fall in the insurance motor and tech World market is causing the Japanese companies to sell off or size down.

If this crisis isn't managed correctly it may cause many large computer motor and gaming companies to bite the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Twud be cool if they bought them.
    More X-box's shipped in Jap would mean increased competition over there...and some class games.
    More competition is needed with al this PS2 Fanboyism, The PS2 maybe great but more competition would mean some really good games coming on stream.

Maybe if the US get in trouble financially MS might buy them too :D

As was said in Fight Club "The Microsoft Galaxy"

Go space property!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Is Shinji hungover or dead or what? Ususally he descends on rumours like a camel on.....I dunno water or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Not so sure about the class games but still competition would be welcome it means price drops at leats hopefully 60 euro is just to much to pay for a game let alone the cost of a machine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Kim Tae-Woo

I would like to see an American company help them out but...

I don't trust Microsoft, they always make sh*tty products but win because the guys can advertise and flood the market with junk and free items.
    Sony, IMac or Nintendo any day

Did you know that the qwerty keyboard that we all use is the most useless piece of junk.

A french desigener checked out what fingers and vowels we used most and formed much better keyboards, his porducts, typewriters and keyboards wre out long before the qwerty.

But becaus e of Rich American advertising the usless "Qwerty" Won outright.

Advertisement