Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

getting tested for std's

• 02-10-2002 1:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

i thought it was time that i got myself tested for all the std's out there, as there have been a few occasions where i could have been more...careful.

can anyone tell me where to go, how long it takes, how much it costs and how anonimous it is. general experiences would help as i'm a bit nervous about going, but its been on my todo list way too long. i'm a guy, btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Go you your local health board website. Many (if not all) have a STD clinic which provides free and confidential testing for STD's

Links to each health board are on http://www.doh.ie/links.html (Department of Health Website). You are sure to find details of a clinic near you on them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I believe there was a thread on this before.....

anyway, if you need the full testing done, then your doctor will refer you to an STD clinic, I believe there is one attached to the Mater Hospital

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

thre is one in st james, the time i visited it was walk in and pick a number. but i think it is appointment now.

Hope you get the all clear and begareful of that swab :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

always wear a condom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by STaN
    always wear a condom
    Can I take it off in the shower?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    Can I take it off in the shower?

no

the rest of the population, yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey, just got my results from my test 2 weeks ago and got the all clear. I was putting it off for ages, but its great to have that peace of mind.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is that a come-on?

Advertisement