Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

satellite "game"

Options
  • 02-10-2002 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

funucational

i had it working for a while, but the elipse just got bigger and bigger

to make your satellite, just click in the black void :D

i got it !!...cept its goin round the moon :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

That is just plain coll aif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

easy :)

ok, its in the most ****ed up orbit ever, but its working :)

edit: Much more fun to see how many you can get in unstable orbits and then watch them rain fiery death on earth. I have about 15 orbiting atm, w00t

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

the applet doesn't load for me in IE5.5 or Opera 6.05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i don't get it at all. what am i supposed to do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

mossy monk

first off, when the applet loads you should see the Earth and Moon in an orbit around it.

Now, left click anywhere in Space and you will see a white dot, this represents a man-made satellite. You must try and get the satellite to orbit the earth for as long as possible.

i can get it to orbit the moon a few times but not a hope with the earth. it gives me something to do for the day

5 of my satellites (out of about 20) are still orbiting the earth , like 18 hours after i set it off :)

i finally got one to go around the earth but i just clicked all over space in the hope of one working and voila. it's been there for about 2 hours now

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

had 8, now six going non stop around the earth. Cannot get them to stay on the moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

click and drag for starting point and velocity. Looks interesting... lessee

Originally posted by Dustaz
    5 of my satellites (out of about 20) are still orbiting the earth , like 18 hours after i set it off :)

Fs only one left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

have loads goin in both directions. Like 70 on it now for the last ages. Left one goin incollege too i say they still be there come morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Originally posted by LoBo:

click and drag for starting point and velocity.
    D'oh. I had spent ages trying to click on some point behind the moon trying to give the satellite some intial velocity, and eventually found that it orbited too far away from the earth, so that the gravity of the moon (invariably) pulled my ickle satellite away from it's proper (elliptical) orbit.

Cool link btw, kept me amused for ages. What a simple mind I have :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by swiss
    eventually found that it orbited too far away from the earth, so that the gravity of the moon (invariably) pulled my ickle satellite away from it's proper (elliptical) orbit.

That keeps happening to me.

[edit]Yes, I got one to work properly. No sign of it crashing yet either.[/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Ive only got 5 left out of the 30 I launched at about 22 hrs ago...I had more but they kept coliding :(

3 are in fairly tight orbits while the other 2 make an appearnce every 4 min or so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Can anyone get a stable satellite to go around the moon? It must be possible

I also spent ages trying to get a satellite that went around the earth and in moon in a figure 8 type thing...highest I got was 2 cycles before it landed somewhere in the pacific :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭mrblue

Genius. I want some explosions when these suckers hit america though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Paulg

I started one of mine going on friday evening, and its still going now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I managed to get one to do about 20 figure of 8 orbits around the earth and moon=]

• Advertisement
Advertisement