Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Fáil

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Cork
    How can you say this? What tax cuts should he not have given? Should be abolish the SSIAs?

Should he have known about Septemtember11th?

Better Still - He should have known about the fall in world stock markets?

He reformed our tax system, reformed our pensions system and introduced a savings scheme.

He took money from national reserves to fund a pre-election giveaway budget, when it was plainly obvious that economies were starting to slow down, even before 11th September. He didn't give a shag about the economy, only interested in getting himself re-elected. Look at him now, he's been exposed as the fraud he really is. The year before that, his tax cuts did nothing to help stop the widening of the poverty divide. Now what's happened? Our inflation is still rising, very few young people can afford houses and cars, and millions, if not billions extra have been borrowed by the people to afford homes and cars.
    What did FG ever do?

I never mentioned Fine Gael. I don't support Fine Gael. I was making a personal attack on Charlie McGreedy, not on FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Cork the government are there to make hard decisions.

With the extra money they had at their disposal they could have carried out the radical reform needed on the health service. Instead they took the easy route and poured all that money into the black hole that the Irish Health Service has become.

The last 5 years was the perfect opportunity to sort out areas like this instead they squandered it apparently more interested in abolishing tax for betting etc.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

that text is sooo funny , because its so true!nice one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

The year before that, his tax cuts did nothing to help stop the widening of the poverty divide.

But - this devide has been greater when people could not find work. His tax cuts benfited those on low to medium pay more than the higher paid.

The last government also brought in the mimimumwage - a wage that I worked below - not so many years ago.

Advertisement