Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with a teacher

• 02-10-2002 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have just been having a chat with my daughter aged 10 and she has told me that her teacher (who is also the head master) sometimes refuses to let children out to go to the toilet. He has also been making fun of a child in his class. In Irish he uses this child as an example. Ta (name) mor. Nil (name) tapaidh. Excuse the spelling. But you get my gist. The child is a lovely child but one of those kids who gets picked on you know has problems and is very quiet. I have spoken to a few other kids and asked them if what my daughter says is true and they have confirmed it. Also spoke to another mother who just came out and said it without me asking as she was worried about the attitude of the teacher in question. My problem is should I tell the mother of the child in question or keep quiet? I know the mother very well as my kids play with her kids. The headmaster is quite old not too sure but he was head master when my friend who is in her thirties was in primary school. Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks
    ps not too sure if this is the correct place to post this feel free to move mods if its not right.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

no i am not mayhem. My child has no problem with the teacher so is it really my business to approach the teacher surely it is the mothers.

the reason i keep saying mother is that the childs father is not around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

thanks that is what I think Ill do. She is really upset by it as she likes the kid.
    thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I have just been having a chat with my daughter aged 10 and she has told me that her teacher (who is also the head master) sometimes refuses to let children out to go to the toilet.
    I solved this problem when I was six - I wet the floor in the class room (involuntarily :D) - never had a problem being let out of class after that. Speaking to someone (in the know) recently, it is against policy (who's?) to 'force' children to only use the toilet at breaks.

As regards the side-swipes at the kid this will merely build resentment / anger / secondary bullying among (all) the kids.

This teacher needs to be stopped, otherwise the kids will turn into van wreaking maniacs like me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

that should not be happening in this day and age, and if it was happening to my child, I'd want to know. Tell the mother immediately.
    When my daughter was 5, the 55 year old teacher told me she would be a delinquent eventually, she's 14 now, and wonderful. Teachers this age are so out of touch, it's frightening. If a few of the mothers get together on this, it will have to be sorted, this could affect the child in all sorts of ways later on in life and has done nothing for the childs self esteem. As he is the headmaster, you may have to go to the education board if he cannot sort himself out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

My headmaster constantly abused me and on several occasions fuked the duster at me.

On some days, the duster was the modern space age, aerodynamic plastic special and we remained friends, on others the duster was grade a Oak...and i got hurt.

Do you know the context of these comments?
    Are they spoken in a derogatory manner or simply humorous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Victor

I wet the floor in the class room (involuntarily :D)

I hear you still have that problem.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

something similar happened in my old primary school until some childs father decked the teacher in the pub and rightly so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by logic1
    I hear you still have that problem.
    :Shock: How did you know? Have you been spying on me in my bedroom? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Something

Thats nothing, when i was 8 i had a teacher that would'nt let you cough/sneeze in class...

(posted ignoring replys :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

my brother farted in class one day by accident and the teacher made him write 100 lines....i know it sounds funny, but that'd a body function, the teacher shouldnt look upon it as somehting that should be puncished, especially since its not somehting u do on purpose, coz it's so embarassing!!!!

yeah i'd go to the teacher, or the mother, and get it sorted out now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Something

Should have cut back on the beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Men generally don't make good primary school teachers, that has been my own experience.
    They can make excellent Secondary level ones, but for primary women make better teachers.
    That's not to say you can't have a total harridan of a female primary teacher....

Deffinately confront the teacher in question.
    Do not go above his/her head until you do.
    There is a clause in the INTO reg afaik regarding this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

It's nice to know that some of the board members have children, as I do (2 yr old). Hopefully the Board will be still existant when my child starts school.
    I wouldn't approach the teacher / headmaster on your own as he may turn his attention to your child instead of the other girl. Definitely speak to the mother and maybe suggest that you team up with a few other parents and approach him directly. That way no single parent is seen to be complaining. The toilet thing is way out of order as well.

When I was in secondary school our Irish teacher used to make fun out of a chap who is now a good friend. He is now a bar manager. By pure coincidence I was out last Xmas in his bar having a beer when who should walk in but the Irish teacher with missus in tow. My mate told the bouncers that he was nothing but trouble so they turfed him out in front of everybody - class at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Originally posted by thedrowner
    my brother farted in class one day by accident and the teacher made him write 100 lines....i know it sounds funny, but that'd a body function, the teacher shouldnt look upon it as somehting that should be puncished, especially since its not somehting u do on purpose, coz it's so embarassing!!!!

yeah i'd go to the teacher, or the mother, and get it sorted out now!

I will not accidently fart in class in the future.
    I will not accidently fart in class in the future.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Why do I think your mayhem?

Yes, why do you?
    That person sounds like someone with a conscience....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Originally posted by chernobyl

Do you know the context of these comments?
    Are they spoken in a derogatory manner or simply humorous?

Does it realy matter? The teacher sould not be picking on the child end of story. What would you perfer if it was your child who the teacher was doing this to, some on telling you? or some one keeping it from your?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 marsey

kjdsfjsfjs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

What the hell was that spam for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Yes the teacher is setting a horrible example and do pull him on it fear in a primary school class room as a tool should not be allowed.

Even if he is the Headmaster the buck does not stop there , there is always the board of management or as in most areas the head of the board the parish priest or indeed the local health nurse who are in good contact with most primary schools.

Underminding a child over such a matter is damaging not only to the child but to all it's peers in the classroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 marsey

What the hell was that spam for?

sorry that was me the original poster using a friends login and just seeing if i was able to use it I tried to post as unregistered but it wouldnt let me for some reason....I tried to edit it and couldnt get back on to the net. this is my first time back to the page since. I still havent talked to the mother tried to this morning but the childs stepfather dropped him to school. hopefull tomorrow.
    thanks for all the advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

If this is bothering your daughter then maybe you should say something to the teacher, i mean you never know when that teacher might change his mind about your daughter and start picking on her -- either way just say something to him, it's the nice thing to do.

<< Fio >>

Advertisement