Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LMFM / Northern Sound

Options
  • 02-10-2002 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Right.... Local Radio....

Who hates it more :D

I dread going home on Saturday mornings, and listening to The Green Scene or even worse, Seamus Farrelly on LMFM.

And is Phelim Cox still on the go on Northern Sound (impressive studios on way into Cavan town BTW, shame about the output!)
    I remember him on Breffini Regional Radio in the 80's..... it still scars my mind......

Comments

Hang on... as I climb over the ditch from East into north East, to pass comment...oooch, Damo...you'll have to cut those Briars down:D

The lucky thing about Meath though and even on up into Cavan is the wandering signals from the Dublin channels, like them or loathe them, they're great to have.

Heck Wicklow even sends ye up East coast FM, which has better reception around Ashbourne than in Arklow! and the music aint to bad:)

Slash hook at the ready as me hops back through the Briars into the East again now:D
    mm

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

The most humourous part of listening to local radio is the traffic reports... "There is a huuuge traffic jam at Canningstown village, some cows are on the road and some tractors had to swerve into the ditch to aviod hitting one of their beloved cows".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I'll get my next door neighbour who cuts hedges from his tractor on the case mm! :D:D

Yes, I wouldn't trade my home location if I was solely interested in radio reception. All the Dublin stations, Shannonside/Northern Sound, Midlands Radio 3, CKR not to mention BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 2! Yes, my dial is full, but full of mediocre mor bland FM aural slurry.

When I was down in Kerry recently I was shocked to hear how little there was on air! The 5 national stations plus Radio Kerry! That was it!! In parts of Killarney, they were lucky to get Red FM, the new Cork station.

Now, if only I could get DAB and DTT from the North. I will be testing that quite soon!

Advertisement