Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Big Boards Biker Bash is on

Options
  • 02-10-2002 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Right so organising has been organised and pondering has been undertaken and I've (we've) come up with the following.

You can join in and leave wherever and whenever you want to. Just because you want to come doesnt mean youre saddled with doing the entire trip.

I've probably left it too late to make this post. I meant to do it in the last week of September to give people some notice to get time off work, sort out stories, etc etc...

Second Weekend in October... which is Saturday the 12th and Sunday the 13th. The route has been designed to take in as many of the major towns & cities as possible.

You can get yourself a map of the route by clicking here (its a bigish image, might take a while to load).

Leaving from Cork at 11am on Saturday morning. Meeting at the most likely location - the bike parking spot on Emmet Place (outside the crawford art gallery, near the Opera House)

Meeting in Kilkenny at Kilkenny castle approx 2 and a half hours later.

Onto Limerick and hanging around in the city centre to meet up with anyone else

Onto Galway. Find a place to park, place to stay and place to get drunk.

Next day is driving. Sight seeing (shamless as it is to say it I've never been around that part of the country before). Sunday afternoon/evening will be driving down the East coast as and I suppose it'll end whenever you decide to go home.

Thats it!

It would be useful to have someones mobile number from each location (waterford, kilkenny, limerick, galway) in case were late or get lost.

It should be a great couple of days, just be prepared for rain! If its going to be torrential for the entire weekend the trip may be cancelled until spring rears its sunny head. Come along.. especially if its your first bike run... you wont regret it! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I want pictures. Lots of pictures.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bah, I don't think I will be able to go - looks like I will *have* to work. I might be able to join in for a small leg of the trip, depending on my shifts at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'll go out on a limb here and say.... if there isnt a great response before the date of the trip I'll put it off till say... spring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Nero

A bit of advice:

Take it handy on that road between Limerick and Gort ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bo Duke

Will the bash be going throught Drumcree in West Meath.If So we`ll get a gang out and put a show on on the Sunday.By the way what are you all riding (types ie.cruiser ,sports....etc) and (what makes)

• Advertisement

Stephen, do you best anyway and shur if you can come... all the better!

Nero, thanks for the warning/advice

Bo, very well could be going through Drumcree... the route I have posted is not exactly 'the bible'. It'll be a small group so I dunno if a show is warranted... but you can if you want to :)

I'm on a 650cc Drag Star classic, theres a few of everything I think... cruisers, sports...

Low and behold, the news I didnt want to have to be the bearer of. For my own personal reasons (that and greed) I've agreed to stare at a computer screen all weekend for a princely sum of money.

This and the fact that the weather seems to have taken a turn toward the crappy end of the spectrum.

never fear, I'm racking my brain to cook up a few routes for a one day trip sometime in Spring next year when the weather is nice & sunny.

Now that I've suitably reinforced my own self-importance I would like to say... if ye still want to pull the trip off then I wish ye all the luck in the world. Thankfully, waiting until Spring will give me plenty of time to organise something more solid (facts, figures and the whole whatnot).

Sorry to anyone that was going but you wont have to wait too long :)

If anyone has any probs, questions or just wants to give out then feel free to PM me.

Advertisement