Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theres nothing like a 5-0 win, phew!

• 02-10-2002 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

I did'nt see the game but have it on tape, I'll enjoy the moment tomorrow!

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

It was a good scorleine that said, Spartak were absolute rubbish almost as bad as Olympiakos last night against Man Utd. It was much needed, though for all the obvious reasons, Valencia winning 6-2 against Basle was good as were now on par with the goal tallys. Spartak will be no walk overs back in Russia in a few weeks time but im sure The Reds can do it (hopefully)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Good result and performance.
    Could have been a lot more.
    I reckon we can take 7 points from the last 3 games, a draw or even a win in Anfield against Valencia is not out of the question.
    This result tonight should boost the teams confidence, hopefully now we can beat Chelsea on Sunday.
    I hate Chelsea, we always have a dodgy game against them, I think we should beat them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Yup hats off to the mighty reds for demolishing the russians.

The defense was like a pillar and I was well impressed with the performance of Cheryou. Murphy played like a man posessed.
    Congrats to Diao for his first goal too. Hopefully now we'll qualify for the second stage if don't there is always the UEFA cup!!

All we have to do is wait for 3 weeks for the next champs league game :-(

Hopefully we can carry this performance on to Sunday where we'll beat the pants off Chelsea :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Great win. Felt sorry for Baros not getting a run. The team will get better when Gerrard starts playing it simple and starts scoring.

We always seem to loose to Chelsea, so I'm not expecting a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Ha ha Michael Owen Didnt score looks like he's back in his slump :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

They song "Are you Andy Cole in Disguise" come to mind - to be honest some of hit "misses" were very feeble indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

The reason that Owen misses so many chances is because he gets into so many good shooting positions and can read where a ball is gonna go. Granted he missed a couple of easy (for him) chances last night, however there would not be many others in the premiership who would have gotten into the positions where they could have had a shot.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Well then if he missing so many chances why is he wasting his energy running into positions that he is not going to score.. bit daft me thinks!

The reason that Owen misses so many chances is because he gets into so many good shooting positions and can read where a ball is gonna go. Granted he missed a couple of easy (for him) chances last night, however there would not be many others in the premiership who would have gotten into the positions where they could have had a shot.

Thats Our excuse for Andy Cole,get your own! :mad:

Thats Our excuse for Andy Cole,get your own!

They take our chants now they want our excuses!!! :D

• Advertisement

Owen's goals per game ratio is alot better than andy coles though. His goals per shot ratio is quite a bit better too.

BTW are you a blackburn fan SPOSS ?

BTW are you a blackburn fan SPOSS ?

Nope United,that was our excuse for him at United!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've seen the game, and the result was better than the performace, for me they were better last week against
    Baal/Basal, but hey goals win games!:)

I wish they'd be little more carefull when knocking the ball about, too many passes are at too rapid a pace, and with the modern ball being so damn light and fluffy control is tricky.

Oh yes, did my ears deceive me or was a section of the crowd singing a breif refrain of "The Fields of Athenry"?

There are only three songs for Anfield - the one for
    Houlier, the one about ol big nose, and You'll Never Walk Alone!

Finally, that was definitly a penalty. :mad:

Mike.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Good result,but we were better last week.
    Its hard to keep up fast tempo when your 3 up.
    For once Gerrard was only average,Best game from Heskey in a while, i wish hed run at defenders more as he would beat most of them with his pace a power.
    Henchoz was immense,Cheyrou looks impressive but the man of the match and one of the best players this season Danny Murphy,What a game ,he took control right from the off.
    Didi hamann has got to be the best player in England to hold onto a ball.
    Nice to see the boss playing attacking football,as we have the players to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Only saw the highlights last night. Fair play to Liverpool they played well.

My enduring memory of the highlights was the shot of a poor Spartak supporter after the forth goal went in shaking his head in disbelief, he looked like he was going to burst out in tears. Ah the lot of a football supporter is not a easy one :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by mike65

Finally, that was definitly a penalty. :mad:

Mike.

Yep, something tells me the ref felt sorry for them so he didnt give it.

Oh and look at the two Man Utd supporters coming into the thread to bitch and moan.
    Michael Owen doesnt score so he must be in a slump.:rolleyes:
    It's not like he had an assist, and left another one to Heskey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Oh yes, did my ears deceive me or was a section of the crowd singing a breif refrain of "The Fields of Athenry"?

Arra come one Mike, I thought you were a reds supporter.

Didn't you ever here the song Fields of Anfield Road before ??? Although, fair play, it _is_ based on the Fields of Athenry by Paddy Reilly.

There is of course several other legendary reds chants aswell mike.

How could you forget
    L-I-V
    E-R-P
    Double O L
    Liverpool FC

But go on sure, I've seen your posts, you seem to have a fair grasp of the antics on the pitch anyhoo.

Oh and look at the two Man Utd supporters coming into the thread to bitch and moan.

Ah we have hit a nerve have we!!:D

Why would we bitch about owen missing loads of chances?? we are loving it!!! :p That is why we are the opposition and why ye do the same to us every day of the week!!! :rolleyes:

BTW It seems ye are steal the Celts songs now as well - Field of Anfield Road!! FFS ! I knew that the scousers were braindead but this is ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I'm not a Man U supporter, but i felt there were times Owen could have shot, but instead, passed the ball.

Now any striker can have a lean spell, but if they start bottleing it, and not pulling the trigger when they have a chance, it is time to be worried.

A good striker is a selfish striker .. just check out Hasselbank, oe Van Nisterooy, and ever Henry.

X

Originally posted by Sposs
    Nope United,that was our excuse for him at United!!!!

Getting bd when ya hang on to the excuses for your previous players :D

• Advertisement

Getting bd when ya hang on to the excuses for your previous players

We Have Too,we dont need excuses now we have Ruud,he doesnt miss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

(YAWN) is this another load of man u fans slaging off Owen, every Liverpool fan knows Owen (even if not he isn’t scoring goals) is in the best form of his LIFE!! He has scored 3 goals in 8 games in the premiership, which by the way so has your precious Van only managed to get 3 in the premiership. Ok Van got 5 goals in Europe but man u has by far the easiest group!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

The result was brill.
    The performance...not so brill.

There were so many times where Spartak should have been over run but we played the safe pass.
    Murphy deserved Moth.

Owen was good. Should have scored from Didi's free kick tho.
    Ah well...bring on Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah well...bring on Chelsea

Phew, there's nothing like a 1-0 win when you're not playing well! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

bah lucky mofo's!
    chelsea deserved SOMETHING from the game :(
    they were the better team bleh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Better team?
    Dudek hadnt got 1 save to make.
    Cudacini had three but didnt save the last LOL LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    chelsea deserved SOMETHING from the game :(
    Yes, they deserved to LOSE .... and they did.

Advertisement