Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RADIX PROTECTOR wraps your computer with a powerful safety shield!!!!!11 OMFG

• 02-10-2002 11:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

http://www.radix.co.il/pics/protectorsmall.jpg

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=21424&t=196&l=2&AvdID=1&CatID=15&GrpID=1&s=pl

http://www.radix.co.il/radixprotector.htm

Came across this on komplett, googled for a while, but I've not been able to find out anything beyond lots of fluff clearly meant to impress/scare the not-so-clued-in.

Has anyone see this thing before?

Take one of the questions in this FAQ (PDF) for example:
    You are on the Internet downloading a picture of... The next thing you see is the following string on your screen... $%*#$&&&&&$%#k[[{{{{{{{{{|l,,,,,,,omjiunji[ojo["""">>>>>>>>@ !
    The computer hangs, won't boot again. Now what? You have to reinstall everything from scratch?

Too bad! Radix Protector could prevent all this headache.

Is this a con? It can't just make an image on the hd, because they say nothing in that pdf that would suggest anything like that, and it obviously can't store the data on the card, so what does it do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

from their stats page:
    "Resident memory 12k"

probably doens't work on an image basis but just recording changes to the HD.. but even then you'd need at least 32megs or so of memory to be sure to hold every change...

it must store stuff on the hard disk so.. and just make it unnoticeable or hidden.. the 12k then acting as a loader for that small paritition on a bootup after a crash... which then unerases the most recent changes..

interesting.. extremely little info on it on their site though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

it is a memory resisent program that records changes to your hard disk in real time.......

SPYWARE

what else does it do apart from sending backup 'checksums' to the server in Israel for 'reconstruction' purposes

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Muck
    it is a memory resisent program that records changes to your hard disk in real time.......

SPYWARE

what else does it do apart from sending backup 'checksums' to the server in Israel for 'reconstruction' purposes

M

:rolleyes: there's always one.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Muck

SPYWARE

M

cover your head in kitchen foil.

they wont be able to read your mind then.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

ill try it if you test it for us first wwm

I mean the tinfoil of course, send me a schematic showing me how you do it .

i have too many memories of certain 'features' in icq back in the day

never again.

funny how other im's never caused so much grief and intrusion until msm in the past year

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

i think sico used these type of devices in some nethouse cafés

Advertisement