Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCity Laptops???

• 03-10-2002 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone buy a laptop from ccity.ie lately or through one of their resellers? Just looking to see what they are like and if you have a photo could you upload it so I can have a look.

I don't want to buy a system I haven't seen. What's the weight, dimensions, etc? Their web site isn't very helpful!!!

The one I am looking at is:

PIII 1.13, 20gb, 128m, 14.1", Floppy
    (No O/S Prices above)24x CD, Lan, 56k .... €1069.00

at http://ccity.ie/tradeonly/prices3.shtml

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

if it is 'difficult' to get a 3 year warranty (costs c.150 extra when you buy) it is because the system will more than likely disintegrate after 1 year. If you ask and the answer is no or a fudge then don't buy it.

never heard of this shower

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well cc is ok at what they do ive seen some of there old puters that they sell and are usualy very nice to the ppl that they sell to

if you msg a user called lake in boards he knows the owners of cc and will get them to e-mail u pics r somthn to what it looks like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Originally posted by Muck
    if it is 'difficult' to get a 3 year warranty (costs c.150 extra when you buy) it is because the system will more than likely disintegrate after 1 year. If you ask and the answer is no or a fudge then don't buy it.

never heard of this shower

M

Muck, any ideas on why an extra 2 years warranty should be free? It certainly costs the supplier money anyway.

1 year warranty is standard from a trade place such as ccity, they only usually get a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. They aren't going to fudge an answer anyway, I've dealt with them before many times and they are honest and straightforward. I better bring back the thousands of pounds worth of gear I've bought off ccity, based on your well thought out opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

....the test is Whether it is available for that model.....

many cheapos come with 1 year warranty , no extension possible except at a ridiculous price. This is common with some suppliers who get job lots and don't stick with a manufacturer ...or if the build quality is crap and they know it.

I would expect warranty availability up to 3 years at no more than c.€150 a year warranty cost incl vat...thats years 2 and 3, year one if included in the base price.

If the quote is higher there is a reason for it. If you think thats an unreasonable expectation I'd be interested as to why?

pc's come with atx boards and pretty much generic parts, laptops dont, I take my chances all the time with pc's.

M

Advertisement