Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

outlook query

• 03-10-2002 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

when i download my email using ms outlook.. how come it doesnt tell me the size of the pop3 emails im downloading.. im using a cable modem.. (outlook 2000 and win2000pro)

my old work one had outlook express on win2kpro and my girlfriends old puter had win95 and outlook express and they both did it.. is there any simple thing to turn on so as i can see the size of the emails downloading?

its of no real importance.. just wondering

dw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

There is an option which can help, launch Outlook.

If you see Services in the Tools menu you will see nothing...the problem.

If You see Accounts in the Tools menu you should get a progress bar which can be 'interpreted' it may be minimised bottom right. double click bottom right and untick to keep on top.

If its services you have to go into Tools/OPtions/Mail Delivery Tab/Reconfigure mail support

Change to Internet instead of corporate.

Corporate means you use MS Exchange Server, I trust your don't and only have pop3, If you use Exchange features you must not reconfigure.

there is a useful app called

Pop3ScanMailbox from the UK

it allows you to scan mail in situ in the pop3mailbox and see headers and who sent it and size. Its really quick to do b4 u launch outlook coz it only downloads headers.

it can be used to note a sender and delete a big mail so you don't have to download it or if some idiot sends you a huge .avi while u are on dialup or spam.

I used to have to use it when a muppet kept sending me .doc files as attachments while I was on dialup pots. I would delete them from the mailbox and tell him to zip first and resend ....blaming my ISP of course.

M

Advertisement